Which Tools are PERFECT for Hacking Pokemon Games?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by I am r4ymond, Jan 12, 2010.

1. I am r4ymond
    OP

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    I know that I'll eventually become interested in hacking games, so I thought "Why can't I learn how to do that now?" Once I get the hang of hacking games, I'll probably make a hack of something (Looking forward to Hacking Pokemon HG/SS). That way, I can be able to contribute to GBAtemp.

So, the question is, which hacking tools are the best, especially for hacking Pokemon games? All I need is a list and a few download links if you could include that in (you, of course, don't have to include download links).

To those that Reply and Help: Many thanks for trying to help the newbie here. [​IMG]

2. Green0scar

Member Green0scar GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  3. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you're interested in hacking games in general, this thread is excellent. You'll learn a lot, it's one of the most detailed forum posts I have seen.

Good luck!

4. I am r4ymond
    OP

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Thanks a lot for the download links. I only want NDS Pokemon Hacking Tools. For the PokeEditor Application Download on http://wahackpokemon.com/en/download/tools-nds, it doesn't work. Do you know a place where I can get that Application without the "Cannot Open Application." Thanks. I went to this site already and thought that it was only in Spanish, so I didn't bother checking here. Who knew that this site was also in a bit of English, too. [​IMG]

EDIT: Also, are there any other necessary tools that I need (Hacking Tools in General that I would need for Hacking ANY kind of game) Thanks! [​IMG]

5. Green0scar

Member Green0scar GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I don't' know, guess Google is you best bet. I myself am still stuck in the GBA world right now, haven't really moved to DS hacking yet.

6. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Any tool available for hacking Pokemon games (in the 4th gen) will be the "best" by default. I'm not aware of any two tools that do the same thing. There just aren't that many of them...

7. SCVgeo

Member SCVgeo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not sure if you looked at the WAH link. There are some ancient tools made by people at PC(e.g., PokeSpam, thethethethe). D-trogh made better versions of alot of those (not all though) and I made a better trainer editor. Not sure if we can count the old PPRE and the new as two different programs, but they do some of the same and the new is much better(e.g., script editor). We probably just haven't promoted it enough and don't release too often. Its amazing some of the things it can do now. Actually alot of the things there are ancient tools for we already have the functions for reading, we just have to add the write functions. But as of now, we can't claim PPRE is the best for that (e.g., editing pokemon stats, evolutions)