Which system is the better choice?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by MissingNo._, Jun 14, 2010.

?

Which system is the better choice?

1. Nintendo DS Lite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nintendo DSi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nintendo DSi XL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 14, 2010
  1. MissingNo._
    OP

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    Which is better, and why? I'm leaning towards a Nintendo DS Lite after spending some time with my Nintendo DSi.

2. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    DSi or XL. I donĀ“t know how is play with that pen.

3. Daizu

Member Daizu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    DSi/DSiXL since you can get stuff from the DSiShop. But if you don't care about that then the next best thing is a Lite since it can play GBA games.

4. GameWinner

Member GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    DSi/XL, you can also do what I do, play your GBA games on your PSP!

5. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    I do that, but I also have a SuperCard DSTWO.

6. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    I'm still leaning towards a Nintendo DS Lite. I'm giving everyone a chance to try and convince me.
    I don't use the DSi's camera at all.
    And I don't like downloading games. XO Most are worse than retail cart games.
    And I'll use the PSP's Web Browser, thank you very much.

I'm now thinking of not getting a new DSi because I remember it being too small for my hands.
    Maybe I'll get a DSi XL for the bigger design because this things way too small for my hands...
    It's funny because the DS Lite's grip seems fine to me.

7. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I had a DS Lite for about 2 years, and got an XL on release day this year so I could give the Lite to my boyfriend. I voted for the XL because I prefer the larger screens, but the Lite's support of GBA cartridges and older flashcarts makes me still want to have both. I'd actually get one of these if I had a spare hundred.

I would definitely put the ordinary DSi last, assuming you're buying any of the three new. Even though I have some DSiWare that I like, a significant number of the DSiWare games are adapted from or part of existing games/DS games.
    I can think of a couple reasons where someone would prefer a DSi - buying one for a child, want parental controls, XL size is a little cumbersome for portability for a child. If you already have an alternative for GBA games and just want the most DS compatibility and mobility. Unless you're in a foreign country that has a serious premium for the XL there isn't really a price advantage to getting it over the XL.

8. Theraima

Member Theraima I own this desert, bitches!

Finland
    I'll go with Lite. Mainly cause it would suck to play Pokemon without the possiblity to migrate something. The screens could be a bit bigger but its ok.

9. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    DS lite should not even be an option in my opinion, it feels so old to me. DSi has a built in camera, DSiware, tools to use for your pictures like graffiti and face recognition, also their is a lot of good DSiware games now! Flipnote Studio, Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!, Dr. Mario Express, and Photo Dojo. I'm pretty sure people have their reasons for the DS lite, but I don't so it's easy for me to judge. [​IMG]

10. exangel

United States
    Photo Dojo, (I got it for free during a promotion, but it's not free anymore) is the only one of the games you listed that can't be pirated in a non-DSiWare version (Though for Flipnote you will have to be able to use DS Homebrew for an alternative). DSiWare isn't a huge selling point to someone who doesn't prefer to pay for their games and has the option not to (as the OP said, he has a SCDSTwo). I've used my XL's cameras on only three occasions though I've had it since March 28.

11. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    The Nintendo DS Lite is still being supported.

The DSi feels so... thin. It's hard too grip enough...
    How's the DSi XL feel?

12. exangel

United States
    It's kind of hard to use words to portray sensation. It feels good, slightly heavy due to the larger LCDs and battery, but because of its thin dimensions it does flex slightly if you twist it purposely or even by accident during faster paced gameplay.
    The only thing that slightly bothers me about it, it's not serious but it could get worse with time- is that if I am laying in bed, the weight of the upper screen makes the hinge flop a little. At my most comfortable resting position, I have to do an uncomfortable thing to counter it, which is support the upper screen with index finger. If I am using a back support which would be kind of like being in a recliner, it's fine though. This wasn't an issue with my DS Lite.

13. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    DSi or XL. it's up to you. go check up both in gamestop or somwthing and see if youre comfortable with either.
    3DS is not so a great idea since the price could get lower and have a "better" second version of it

14. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    XL without a doubt....just beacue of the huge screens....I think it improves gaming so much..

XL would be my first choice, Lite second, because of the slot 2 and then DSi.

15. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    3DS [​IMG]

,but for real

if u going to get a dsi get XL

and play gba games on the psp :/

16. MissingNo._
    OP

United States
    Remember that I have a SuperCard DSTWO.
    And I do have a PSP-1000 with gPSP-J or something like that.

I'm now leaning towards a DSi XL because I don't want my EZ-Flash 3-in-1 anymore (Quake2DS was horrible enough) and all of the homebrew I use are DSi compatible, so I wouldn't have to worry about that.

I think I'm just going to ask if I could feel how the DSi XL feels at GameStop and then if I like it I'll buy it.
    If I don't then I'll go with a Lite.

17. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Lite everytime, the DSi is a waste of money, nothing worthwhile on the store, and the camera is just pfft.