QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sega Genesis or Bust!!!

I bought a Genesis again a couple years ago just to play the original trilogy. It was money well spent
smile.gif

It was our first console and our first game was Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles
smile.gif
. Oh, the memories alone are priceless.

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
played my first Sonic's on either sega megadrive w/e, and then gamegear, though they are not the first games i played :[ that was more like prince of persia/paperboy.

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess I really don't understand the question so I'll answer to both of my interpretations of the question:

1.) I was born in '93 so I guess I am part of the originals (16-bit I believe). I do enjoy sonic 1&2 alot. I will always remember the song that plays as you run out of air in the undustrial level:
(du du du du do do do do du du du du do do do do du du du du dodododod dududud dododo du du du do (Bwong!)|Dead|.

(Sonic 3 really was a turnoff because of the Michael Jackson Music and well... I couldn't get into it...)

2.)However, I really became hooked on Sonic Adventure 2. I believe I was about 7 at the time I got that (My dad bought me a copied version for like $1
biggrin.gif
)

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
da_head said:
genesis generation (i think that's 16 bit?)

first one i played was sonic the hedgehog 2. i tried out the ds ones, but iunno i just didn't like them

Oh yeah I dont like the ones on DS either, I mostly play emulated Genesis ones, and the game gear and master system ones on my DS!
yaypsp.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started out in the Genesis era. But I also like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and think Heroes is decent. I love the Advance series and like the Rush series.

I said the Genesis era, but I didn't actually get my first Genesis until about 1998. But that's where I started, unless you count going to my friend's house to play his. I always had a SNES in my home. I was poor and couldn't really afford more than 1 system at a time, except a gameboy.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
128-bit/PC(32-bit?)
Ya, I think the very first sonic game I played was Sonic 3 and Knuckles Collection on Windows lol. So, I guess you could say I think the first was Sonic 3.
I liked that game alot, but afterwards it was 128-bit all the way!

Yes, I am probably the only person on this thread who actually like the Dreamcast and beyond Sonic games. I never actually played the Dreamcast versions, but the Gamecube remakes are some of my favorite games! Actually I liked really all of the Gamecube sonic games, and playing Mega Collection really got me into the old games (Mean Bean Machine FTW!). I really liked heroes too, but Riders sucks no matter how much you like sonic lol.

I think that not playing the old games made the new ones seem more enjoyable to me, because I wasn't expecting them to be liek the 2D platformers. My absolute favorite sonic game is SA2B, I played taht game over 200 hours and love the multiplayer. Wow this is a long post lol.
granville said:
I started out in the Genesis era. But I also like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and think Heroes is decent. I love the Advance series and like the Rush series.

I said the Genesis era, but I didn't actually get my first Genesis until about 1998. But that's where I started, unless you count going to my friend's house to play his. I always had a SNES in my home. I was poor and couldn't really afford more than 1 system at a time, except a gameboy.
I liked the last advance one but not the others and I liked the first rush. Forgot about handheld versions lol.

Zesu-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first Sonic I ever played was "Sonic 3 & Knuckles". It was a demo, and I later got the entire thing, which came with "Sonic and Knuckles", "Sonic 3", and "Sonic 3 & Knuckles", which was just a combo of the first two. I also got "Sonic R" and "Sonic CD" in that package bundle, all ported to the PC. But unfortunately, Sonic CD didn't work on my old Windows 98 at the time, so I never got to give that one a spin. But when I learned how to use the CD burner, I put all of the song files onto disks I labeled "Bgm" and I used to listen to music from the older Sonic games.

I also watched the original Sonic cartoon.

However, the first game console I ever owned was a Nintendo Gamecube, which I got on my 11th birthday. The first two games I got for it were "Pikmin", and "Sonic Adventure 2: Battle". I thought Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, was the best game I ever played in my life. The music was great, sonic was so cool, and Shadow was kick-ass. I talked and walked like those characters. (I was in 5th grade, what can I say?) I cried like a little girl when Shadow fell to earth in the end, presumably making him dead. And when it was time to write a "best moment of your life" essay, I wrote about "The Day I Beat Sonic Adventure 2: Battle".

But this was not my first time hearing of a Sonic Adventure game. I used to play this crappy-ass educational game with cute little anime characters in the school's computer lab. It was called, "Welcome to Japan". And in that game, they referenced Sonic Adventure during the technology lecture. I was probably in 4th or 3rd grade when I saw that, and I thought "when did Sonic get a super-cool makeover?" Well, I found out in 5th grade when I got Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

Then naturally, I loved Sonic Advance. Chao raising became a huge hobby of mine. I STILL have my primary chao from 6 years ago! The same one! I called him, "Reaco", and to this day, I still plan on turning him into a Chaos chao. Naturally, I loved Sonic Adventure DX. And when Sonic Heroes came out, I jumped for joy when I saw Shadow was still alive. And finally, when I read about "Shadow the Hedgehog", I was once again overjoyed that he would have his own game.

And you know what? I like that game! I don't give a damn what others say. I like "Shadow the Hedgehog" the game, and I'm damn proud to say so. Although, it didn't fill in as many gaps as I thought it would. It just left even more gaps in Shadow's history. But regardless, I still like it.

And you know what else? I like Sonic X! I watch it sometimes on Saturday mornings when my dad's out of the house because I'm embarrassed to admit I still look at kid's shows.

I also have a lot of Sonic comics.

In other words, everything ever made in Sonic, I like. When I was a kid, Sonic was all I talked about. All I wanted to do was kick my friends' asses in multiplayer. I recorded music from Sonic Adventure 2 on a cassette tape and played it during car rides.

Now I'm 17 years old, and my "focus" has shifted elsewhere. >.>

But regardless, I often dive back in to the world of Sonic. And I still love the game music. To this day, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, is still my favorite Sonic game. I will never ever forget the joy it brought me.

Damn, I just typed up an essay.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zesu-chan said:
The first Sonic I ever played was "Sonic 3 & Knuckles". It was a demo, and I later got the entire thing, which came with "Sonic and Knuckles", "Sonic 3", and "Sonic 3 & Knuckles", which was just a combo of the first two. I also got "Sonic R" and "Sonic CD" in that package bundle, all ported to the PC. But unfortunately, Sonic CD didn't work on my old Windows 98 at the time, so I never got to give that one a spin. But when I learned how to use the CD burner, I put all of the song files onto disks I labeled "Bgm" and I used to listen to music from the older Sonic games.

I also watched the original Sonic cartoon.

However, the first game console I ever owned was a Nintendo Gamecube, which I got on my 11th birthday. The first two games I got for it were "Pikmin", and "Sonic Adventure 2: Battle". I thought Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, was the best game I ever played in my life. The music was great, sonic was so cool, and Shadow was kick-ass. I talked and walked like those characters. (I was in 5th grade, what can I say?) I cried like a little girl when Shadow fell to earth in the end, presumably making him dead. And when it was time to write a "best moment of your life" essay, I wrote about "The Day I Beat Sonic Adventure 2: Battle".

But this was not my first time hearing of a Sonic Adventure game. I used to play this crappy-ass educational game with cute little anime characters in the school's computer lab. It was called, "Welcome to Japan". And in that game, they referenced Sonic Adventure during the technology lecture. I was probably in 4th or 3rd grade when I saw that, and I thought "when did Sonic get a super-cool makeover?" Well, I found out in 5th grade when I got Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

Then naturally, I loved Sonic Advance. Chao raising became a huge hobby of mine. I STILL have my primary chao from 6 years ago! The same one! I called him, "Reaco", and to this day, I still plan on turning him into a Chaos chao. Naturally, I loved Sonic Adventure DX. And when Sonic Heroes came out, I jumped for joy when I saw Shadow was still alive. And finally, when I read about "Shadow the Hedgehog", I was once again overjoyed that he would have his own game.

And you know what? I like that game! I don't give a damn what others say. I like "Shadow the Hedgehog" the game, and I'm damn proud to say so. Although, it didn't fill in as many gaps as I thought it would. It just left even more gaps in Shadow's history. But regardless, I still like it.

And you know what else? I like Sonic X! I watch it sometimes on Saturday mornings when my dad's out of the house because I'm embarrassed to admit I still look at kid's shows.

I also have a lot of Sonic comics.

In other words, everything ever made in Sonic, I like. When I was a kid, Sonic was all I talked about. All I wanted to do was kick my friends' asses in multiplayer. I recorded music from Sonic Adventure 2 on a cassette tape and played it during car rides.

Now I'm 17 years old, and my "focus" has shifted elsewhere. >.>

But regardless, I often dive back in to the world of Sonic. And I still love the game music. To this day, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, is still my favorite Sonic game. I will never ever forget the joy it brought me.

Damn, I just typed up an essay.
Wow. A sonic fanboy in the nicest possible way. You are the type of person that is able to overlook the flaws in the game to enjoy it rather than comparing it to the Genisis games of yesteryear.

2Thumbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been around (gaming life) since Sonic the Hedgehog on Megadrive/Genesis.

Lots of good memories playing multiplayer on Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
cool.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MegaDrive era here too, the latter ones just didn't do it for me really. Found sonic heros just meh

p1ngpong said:
Hadrian said:
16 bit Sonic > Any other.

Got to agree there, I hate the 3D sonics, and any other 3D platformer

are you forgetting sonic 3D for the MegaDrive?

QUOTE(jaxxster @ Dec 11 2008, 08:21 PM)
up-down-left-right a,b,c start!

Thats what sonic generation i am from!

heh, I still have that memorised too
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-