QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering which Skin you have on your DSTT and where you got it from?

I'm planning on getting one from GBATemp.net or maybe I'll get one from Ndsthemes.com...I dont know and honestly haven't put thought into it until just now.

P.S. How do you make skins? I've seen a few pics on other sites that I'd like to turn into skins. If theres a tutorial then please just link me.

genuisgeek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i use the NDS like skin made by some chinese user i dont know who but its on a thread here in this DSTT section its a really nice one pretty clean and has all 14 or 16 colors available just check it out its nice

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using this one:

Give you three guesses where I got it. (Hint: click the image)

To answer the second question: there's a quick-n-dirty breakdown of how a skin is put together in the FAQ sticky at the top of this forum. It doesn't handhold you through making a skin, but it tells you what each image in the /TTMenu/skins/default directory does. Once you know that, it doesn't take much to open them in Photoshop, make some changes, and then save them in Windows bitmap format.

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gizmo_gal said:
How do you make skins? Just remake/rename the images in the folder?

Well, you got an idea of what to do...kinda. Just look at the default skin folder and check what it's named. Then name your replacing image the same thing and put it in the default folder, overwriting the old image. Also make sure your images are in bitmap format (.bmp I think).

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i use one i made for the crimson ds even tho i now have a blue ds. it doesn't seem like much but i designed all the buttons and typeface to go with it.

i was gonna make more but i got sidetracked.

TehOne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would usually make my own skins but if I'm lazy I would download 'em. Sucks that Photoshop conversion (.psd>.bmp) always makes my colour of my art look funky :/. I made some strange abstract art for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?