Which should I get?

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my DS, R4, EZFlash 3in1, and 1GB TF got stolen a little while ago. I managed to get my old broken DSLite back from my sister and now I want a new flashcart. I'm not sure if I should just get the R4, M3 Real, or Acekard RPG. I had an R4 before and it was great, but now theres the new Acekard RPG which is really intriguing. I have a habit of losing my memory cards, so the onboard 1GB of memory and the microSDHC slot are really cool and I'm a big supporter of open-source technology, but it is so much more expensive than the R4. I figured I'd include the M3 Real in there since there will likely be more support for it in terms of updates. Also, does the RPG work with the 3in1? I'm just curious to see what you people think.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I think acecard rpg, it has build in 1 gb nand flash memory, and can use sdhc high capability cards, and you can use cable to transfer data to it.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
get the new M3 Real !
with the rumble pak and the gba pack !
and you will be the happiest DS owner on the earth =]

OH MY GAWD! RUMBLE AND GBA!!!!!!!!

He wants a Slot 1...silly goose.

i sayed : THE M3 REAL (A SLOT1 FLASH CART ! ) WITH the rumble and the gba pack !!
That totals 3 things he needs to buy. You should get the Acekard and the Ewin.

Simple. Only totals to like 75 dollars. Compared to the 100 for all that bullshit.

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get the new M3 Real !
with the rumble pak and the gba pack !
and you will be the happiest DS owner on the earth =]

Why would I pay extra for those two carts when I could get just the M3 Real and a 3in1? Cheaper, easier, better.

So you guys think the RPG is worth it for $90 over the $34 R4/M3? I figure I would pay $34 for the R4/M3 and $17 for the 1GB Kingston Japan microSD. So $51 compared to $90 isn't really a whole ton, I guess. Plus I'm supporting open-source and the built in memory is going to be blazingly fast. Plus cool things like auto-DLDI patching, auto ROM trimming and the ability to copy and paste files from the TF to NAND and vice versa. Does anyone know if the auto ROM trimmer patches correctly (as in WIFI is still good after).

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Simple. Only totals to like 75 dollars. Compared to the 100 for all that bullshit.
I'm getting the EZFlash 3in1, not Ewin. That's already decided. And where have you seen the Acekard RPG for less than $90?? PSX-Boy is sold out and Bamboo Gaming is the only other place to get them. They are $80 USD plus $10 shipping for something like that.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just recommend the R4. It has auto-DLDI patching as well, and you can auto-trim when you transfer your ROMs over with Rominator (Fantastic program btw).

Also, I wouldn't go all in because of the open source. Its been over a month since its release and there have been no developments of any kind. If later, devs do decide to pick it up for some reason, and release something incredible, you could always just sell the R4 and get the Acekard then.

QUOTE said:
Why would I pay extra for those two carts when I could get just the M3 Real and a 3in1? Cheaper, easier, better.
Theres going to be a bundle that comes with the M3 Real and the two expansion carts.

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the M3 Real will have a bundle, but it'll be more expensive than just getting a 3in1 with the M3 I assume. Plus it's nice to have a 3in1 so I can use it with my friends' flash carts since a lot of them have R4s and M3DSSs thanks to me.
happy.gif

And I'm not really going all in for the open source, it's just a little bonus for me. The thing I really like about the RPG is the builtin NAND and TF card slot.

And about the selling th R4, I'm not sure if I'll be able to find someone who is willing to pay full price for a used R4. And I want to just buy the things I want and just be done with it since I have a bunch of other things I want to save up for.

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I'm getting the EZFlash 3in1, not Ewin. That's already decided. And where have you seen the Acekard RPG for less than $90?? PSX-Boy is sold out and Bamboo Gaming is the only other place to get them. They are $80 USD plus $10 shipping for something like that.
I got mine for free, so I don't know.

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going to go with the RPG. I'm playing poker tonight, so I'll probably win enough money to cover the extra cost. Plus my GF and sister said they would help out. I have a really bad habit of losing my microSD cards. Plus microSDHC support will be a really cool thing to have once the price goes down. I still don't know if the RPG has 3in1 support though. That's really the only thing I'm worried about now.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like you're just engrossed in the "cool" factor of the Acekard, and now you're trying to rationalize your decision with reasons that don't really make sense, instead of looking at the rest of your choices logically.

Regardless, it does support the EZF3in1 through Rudolph's tool.

Beware

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be, but I want to make sure I have something that will not end up obsolete in a year which is what it seems the R4 is going to be. Plus, I'm intrigued by the builtin NAND memory. I don't want someting with just builtin NAND memory because I hate being limited by that and I'm not a big fan of only expandable memory because I have a habit of losing cards because I have to keep track of so many (SD for digital camera and Wii, microSD for DS, memory sticks for PSP, CF for GBAMP). And microSDHC is gong to be a really nice feature to have as soon as the price goes down since I will be able to consolidate all my microSDs into one microSDHC.

Thanks for the information though. I think I'm going to go with the RPG. I asked a couple of my friends and they think I should go with that too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1