Which of the last 5 decades were best for music?

Of the last 5 was the best for music?

• 00s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90s

• 80s

• 70s

• 60s

• Total voters

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't alive in the 70s and have never owned a record player or 8-track player.

For me it was a tough call between 80s and 90s.

S

scubersteve

offtopic84 said:
I wasn't alive in the 70s and have never owned a record player or 8-track player.
I was born in the 90's, and I STILL buy records.
You have no excuse...
Oh, also:
I pick the 90's, because that's when hip-hop & contemporary R&B showed up.
Still ca't vote though
frown.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm musically 90% of punk bands were/are not exactly brilliant yet their influence is vast (and in my opinion rightly so).

Most of my collection is either stuff performed in the 80s and early 90s (with notable exceptions either side) or by artists/bands either paying tribute to said period or who rose during said time.

Failing that Tom Waits and Black Sabbath appeared in the 70s so I guess it would be that.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I voted for the 80's cause most of my favorite bands were born there.. or at least, made they're most memorable songs in that decade.. Aerosmith, U2, The Cure, Green Day, Blind Guardian..

I'm quite liking the "00's".. something interesting is happing, specially on the second half of the decade, thanks to mp3 and the Internet, people are now choosing what they want to here and not just listening to whatever the media thinks they should.. alternative music is growing and the big labels are falling.. I think the "10's" is a very promising decade for music
wink2.gif

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hitto said:
God, this is so embarrassing, I'm one of the few old farts who voted the 60s.

Don't feel bad, I would have said the late '60s-to-the-whole-'70s if I had the chance. But, alas, I said '70s... The Who, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks = The Big Four. You can't talk about britpop without remembering the British Invasion. Moreover, Tom Waits, ACDC, Supertramp, Led Zeppelin, Dylan, Marley (although they had started earlier in the '60s...), Iron Maiden, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen...

I dunno what would be of the musical industry nowadays without them.

smile.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put in the 70s but the 60s has some great stuff, 80s too... 90s though is just a lot of trash comparatively speaking. I never understood the fascination of a bunch of cursing and yelling to where you can't make out most the crap being tossed out there around the track being laid down with it. But I'm not surprised to see that one get so much considering a general age group here. I'm 30, almost 31, but to be honest I didn't really care much for the 70s stuff until like 10 years ago or so but have come to see it really rocks out and I'm glad it's well represented in Guitar Hero 3, same with the 60s and some 80s.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
You guys, this is pointless on an international forum such as GBATEMP. Music in the 80s was very different in Canada than it was in New Zealand. It's all relative to the country you lived in. And there is no way of voting for music within a decade worldwide, unless you are a music major in college. So all you can do is vote for which decade of music you liked the best in the country you are used to, which will be different for everyone.

Posts merged

LOL. Everyone who voted for 00s is under 14 years old. Haha.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
The 80's

Guns N' Roses,Pantera and Metallica

The 70's comes close because of Led Zeppelin (most of the good stuff is in the 70's)
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm