Gaming which model is best for hacking?

aphexpusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a white fat psp. I hacked it with lumines I think. I cant remember. anyways I sold it a while back. Thinking about buying a new one. which model is best for hacking? I want to be able to play all psp games available without too much trouble. I want it easily hackable and at the same time not too touchy or a hassle to get games running right. thanks in advance.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Early PSP 2000. If you can find someone to hack it for you, you don't have to buy pandora battery. Install the latest CFW so you can play all games (I'm using CFW 4.01 and I'm satisfied with 4.01, although the latest CFW is 5.02)

aphexpusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShinRyouma said:
Early PSP 2000. If you can find someone to hack it for you, you don't have to buy pandora battery. Install the latest CFW so you can play all games (I'm using CFW 4.01 and I'm satisfied with 4.01, although the latest CFW is 5.02)
That is the thing I do not want to rely on anyone. I want to hack it myself.

EDIT: I could quite possibly buy a already hacked one from these forums I suppose...

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have little to no luck in retail. You need to get a used PSP. The slims of the top of my head that are unique, easy to notice and hackable are the Daxter, Vader and Kratos PSPs. All Phats are hackable.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The phat PSP lacks 32Mb of RAM compared to the slim so some emulators and games can run better given that little extra oomph the extra memory confers.

Draak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have the opportunity, get a hackable 2000 (slim) since more memory never hurts. The fat one is also a good choice, specially if you find it for a good price.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist covered the best reason to get a slim, the 32 MB of extra RAM. Performance-wise, the slim is better in pretty much every category. The phat however is more durable, cheaper, easily modded and an infared port for use with certain homebrew apps. It's really a matter of how much you got to spend and what your going to use it for.

aphexpusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so definitely a psp 2000. do you guys think it would be possible to find a used psp slim for around 100 bucks? or is that just too low? also if I get one that isnt already hacked all I need to hack the thing is just a spare memory card and a pandora battery right?

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely possible, but most likely not through major retail. I bought a spare phat PSP from my friend yesterday for $25. I dn't see why you can find a slim for less than $100.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm