Hacking Which MicroSD for the GateWay 3DS?

IvanMXDF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, i'm planning to get a MicroSD and SD cards.

What do you think about this for Gateway Card?

Class 10
Series EVO
Interface UHS-I
Capacity 32GB
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Elect...e=UTF8&qid=1413503167&sr=1-2&keywords=microsd

and this for 3ds system?
$18.99 SanDisk 32GB Ultra Class 10 up to 40MB/s

I'm buying this card because " you need a SD Card (system) larger than 2gb for Smash", but i don't know why is need it. Can you explain to me, please?

Thank you in advance.

Edit.

One more question... what's the maximum compatible size for both cards?

TY

Edit 2.

Now i know i need a big card for the smash installation.

And this seems better card for only $1 more

$19.99 PNY Elite Performance 32GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Up to 90MB/sec

DannyGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So exactly what kind of Micro SD should one get for the Gateway cards? I see many people in this thread mentioning class 10 Micro SD cards, do they have to be class 10?

I currently own two 32gb SanDisk Ultra Micro SD's but both seem faulty when I use them with Gateway. I used a 2gb Toshiba Micro SD as well and that one worked fine with Gateway.

This one looks exactly like the 2 SD's I own:
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-ULTRA...3667081&sr=1-1&keywords=micro+sd+sandisk+32gb

Any idea of why they may not work?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
So exactly what kind of Micro SD should one get for the Gateway cards? I see many people in this thread mentioning class 10 Micro SD cards, do they have to be class 10?

I currently own two 32gb SanDisk Ultra Micro SD's but both seem faulty when I use them with Gateway. I used a 2gb Toshiba Micro SD as well and that one worked fine with Gateway.

This one looks exactly like the 2 SD's I own:
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-ULTRA-microSDHC-Class-SDSDQUA-032G-A11A/dp/B007JTKLEK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1413667081&sr=1-1&keywords=micro sd sandisk 32gb

Any idea of why they may not work?

probably fake cards that's why, the sandisk ultra the red & grey cards are the best micro sd cards,i have the 64gb version & it's excellent card no issues what so ever but sadly these ultra fast grey & red sandisk cards are one of the most faked memory cards at the moment. so be careful where you buy yours from. by the way i have one fake 32gb sandisk ultra from ebay & it's totally useless but luckily i did get my money back.

DannyGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably fake cards that's why, the sandisk ultra the red & grey cards are the best micro sd cards,i have the 64gb version & it's excellent card no issues what so ever but sadly these ultra fast grey & red sandisk cards are one of the most faked memory cards at the moment. so be careful where you buy yours from. by the way i have one fake 32gb sandisk ultra from ebay & it's totally useless but luckily i did get my money back.
Hmm.. maybe. I mean, the SD cards work fine on everything else. It's just with Gateway that they don't work properly.

DannyGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly is the problem you're having with these cards & what is the full storage capacity for each card ? also did you try the panasonic formatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
The storage capacity for both cards is 29.7gb. And nope, I formatted them through the computer option thingy, I just right clicked on the SD and clicked on format and formatted to FAT 32.

The problem is kinda weird. Whenever I play NDS games with the Blue Gateway using those Micro SD cards and I try to save a game manually, the game freezes while saving. I can still go to the Menu screen or turn off the 3DS normally, but the game won't stop saving. When using the Red Gateway, the 3DS games would often freeze either before getting to the menu screen or about 10-15 minutes into the game. At first I actually thought that the 3DS part was normal, I would just reset the 3DS and try again until it worked and I could play without it freezing. But the other day I tried using the other 2gb Micro SD and those two problems didn't happen anymore. Gateway worked fine.

DannyGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download the panasonic formatter from the link in my previous post & see if it makes any difference.
All right, I formatted the SD with the Panasonic Formatter and it still doesn't work. I'll probably just have to buy another Micro SD then.

FILM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm curious what people are currently using for their Gateway set-up. The flashcard itself uses a SD card but so does the 3DS which I imagine people use a pretty decent card for .cias.

I bought this card month or two ago in preparation for the Gateway itself, should I just grab a 64GB version of this for my n3ds?

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
since you rarely write to these cards, one might as well get a brandless 64GB microSD like I did. mine is fast (UHS-1 actually) and was pretty darn cheap :)

moi_dar

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have a sandisk 64 GB formatted to fat32 to use on my gateway Card but I keep getting the "nothing is inserted in the game card slot." I have yet to test with another micro SD card which I will tomorrow. Anyone with any advice why it might not be working?

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a sandisk 64 GB formatted to fat32 to use on my gateway Card but I keep getting the "nothing is inserted in the game card slot." I have yet to test with another micro SD card which I will tomorrow. Anyone with any advice why it might not be working?

Is there a reason you chose FAT32 over Exfat for gateway? I don't see any reason to tbh. My sandisk 64 exfat works perfectly fine with my gw.
I recommend you check whether you have a genuine mSD card by using this program, named h2testw
http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on who you buy it from. If it is legit, it should be fine. I don't buy from any seller that does not provide free returns if I am not satisfied.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so which ones good?
The sandisk extreme is good and actually recommended by Nintendo but only up to 32GB and can be pricey. I have 3 N3Ds and use a combination of sandisk ultra and Samsung Evo 64GB cards from Amazon. About $30-35 each. Sometimes they are on sale.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o