Which is the most Touch Screen damaging game?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by VBKirby, Jan 13, 2008.

Jan 13, 2008
  1. VBKirby
    OP

Member VBKirby GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I started the topic on another DS forum I previously went to, and it was a fun topic to hear people's vote for.

Which Nintendo DS game is the most destructive for your touch screen? By this, I mean games that scratch up your Touch Screen or damage it in some other way.

My 1rst place vote goes to Pokemon Ranger.

Drawing the loops around the pokemon needs to be done quickly, so you'll be scratching up your touch screen like nuts. And once you've played through it 5+ times on the same DS, it gets badly damaged.

My 2nd place vote goes to Pokemon Dash.

Unlike Pokemon Ranger, Bomberman Land Touch, Chocobo Tales, and many others where you just need to tap one place and hold it down for your character to walk, Pokemon Dash makes you slide the stylus repeatedly in the direction you want to go in order to keep up a fast pace. If you play through the whole game on any mode, your Touch screen will be heavily hurt.

My 3rd place vote goes to Kirby Canvas Curse.

Completely with the touch screen, and lots of fast movements in it. Parts in the game that specifically mess up your touch screen are the Block Attack Sub-Game, (The Kracko game) and the Paint Panic Sub- Game. (The Connect-the-dots Paint Roller game) A level three difficulty round of Paint Panic lasts a long time, (for those who can get through all 99 puzzles (at lack of better word)) and when you try to get a good top score in that and play it over and over, your touch screen gets hurt. Though that all really depends on how much you play Paint Panic. The rest of the game still really hurts it.

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Ouendan 1/2

3. jgu1994

Member jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    EBA or Ouendan, and some minigames on mario party really kill your touch screen.
    I'm pretty sure i've seen this thread somewhere before, idk, it might just be me...

4. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Cooking Mama 1 & 2

5. VBKirby
    OP

Canada
    Shoot. I can't believe I forgot about those.

6. dragon574444

Member dragon574444 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm gonna vote for Wario Ware:Touched. Really, just play it for 5 minutes, you'll see what I mean.

7. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    MPH, pkmn ranger, ouendan, and colors (If you use the pressure sensitivity.)

8. VBKirby
    OP

Canada
    I should probably keep my old DS Lite and use it when Pokemon Ranger 2 comes out. If it's anywhere near, or even as good as the first one, my new DS Lite will suffer the same fate as the first one.

9. anime_junkie

Member anime_junkie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ouendan is a touch screen killer.

Don't forget Trauma Center, as when things get heated I end up stabbing the needle quite hard... I still haven't beaten X1... [​IMG]

10. Truliche

Member Truliche GBAtemp Regular

Ecuador
    I'd have to say EBA and Ouendan, those stupid circle markers are pointless, rhythm-less and abusive to the touchscreen.

I lent my DS to my brother to play Mario Party, he played normally and the DS got 2 horrible scratches.

I love everything about my DS except the friggin susceptible touch screen, Nintendo should have thought about that a bit more and do something or just ship the DS with a screen protector pre-installed or something, I've yet to see a DS touchscreen which is not scratched, sure it's barely noticeable when the backlight is on but it gets pretty annoying when you have a light source behind you and the game scene is dark (for example in a game like Dementium).

[​IMG]

11. VBKirby
    OP

Canada
    Is stabbing the needle something you do in the game? Or do you mean stabbing the touch screen with the stylus in anger? Cause if we're gonna include that, Chocobo Tales gets my vote for most touch screen stabbed game that I've played.

12. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    To be fair, Dementium already uses a fake scratched-looking screen effect most of the time, and the important things are on the top screen, so it's not a big deal with that particular game.

13. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I remember everyone saying Meteos has ruined their screens from playing too much. I actually didn't play too much of it so I wouldn't know.

14. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    I have HORI screen protectors, and EBA has already caused a small scratch, although that might be a sign I need a new stylus.

15. VBKirby
    OP

Canada
    Wario Master of Disguise was also bad for the touch screen. Esspecially the race against that business suit guy in one of the last levels. You had to draw so quickly there, and half the time you wanted to transform into a certain form, you'd transform to something else because it was picky about your drawing, forcing you to lose and do it again, and scratch it up more.

16. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Definitely EBA or Ouendan. Especially if you tap too hard.

17. NonStopInTheMix

Member NonStopInTheMix GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    eba when you spin that wheel/circle thing to get a bonus XD

18. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Trauma center. The last boss is a killer, i managed to beat it, after like 150 tries.

19. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    from the trailers I've seen of Mario and Sonic at the olympic games I think I'll avoid that one because it's going to kill my touch screen

20. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Ouendan/EBA, and also Trauma Center.

Those two made some deep scratches my Hori Screen Protector >_>