Which game to buy? Can't decide...

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by mary1517, Oct 28, 2013.

1. mary1517
    OP

mary1517 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Poland
    So, I'm just making my order for Pokemon X. That'll be my very first 3DS game that I get. They have some few other titles in my local game store pretty cheap but I cant decide just what to pick...

There is Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario and Animal Crossing (and like A LOT of LM, just like no body wanted them or what?) . I can pick ONE but just... uuuh, every single one is a great game! I can't decide. Help! XD
    (can't grab more, need to save some cash for Zelda in November...)

what would you guys pick?

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Myself I'd say Animal Crossing if you like it. If you're not a big fan of the series, get Luigi's Mansion. However, Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem Awakening are fantastic games as well, even though they're not on your list.

3. esmrjones

esmrjones Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2012
    United States
    Fire emblem /thread.

4. Nusdogg

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Luigi's Mansion is a good one. I have yet to beat it either; though, I'm on my last series of the game.

5. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Don't get Paper Mario: it sucks. I'd recommend Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem.

6. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Luigi's Mansion definitely, out of that list you provided.

7. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
    Out of the list, Luigi's Mansion or AC:NL according to which appeals to you.

Overall, Kid Icarus/Fire Emblem are excellent 3DS games and probably a few of the best that have ever been released for the console.

8. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Animal Crossing. It's a great time sink. My opinion would be to pick up Ace Attorney Dual Destinies on the eshop.

9. meineliebe

meineliebe Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Animal Crossing ist a very childish game.If you like something thrilling,you had better buy Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Out of the list provided? "Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon" is something I'd invest in. I don't have a 3DS, but I did play the original on the Gamecube and I loved everything about it, I can't see how the sequel would be a bad investment. Alternatively you could pick up "Paper Mario: Sticker Star", but I've read that the game is pretty short or "Super Mario Land 3D" which is, well, Mario. :)

Out of the list of 3DS games in general? "Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies", "Virtue's Last Reward", "Resident Evil: Revelations", "SMT: Soul Hackers", "Mario Kart 7", "Fire Emblem: Awakening", "Kid Icarus: Uprising", "Etrian Odyssey 4" and "Rune Factory 4" sound like titles of interest to me, have a look at those.

11. calmwaters

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    I'm sure glad you didn't recommend the mistake that was Paper Mario. That game is like the worst in the series; I mean, releasing the game on a handheld when previous games were released on a console? Those types of games always end in tears. Unless you've never played a Paper Mario game; then you might like Sticker Star.

12. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Dual Destinies is quite a nice game visually, and engaging in terms of gameplay. :) And it's $29.99 so that's a small ish discount. :D

tofast4u likes this.
  13. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I never judge a game by the format, rather by whether I had fun playing it or not. Sure, the game's short, but it can be traded in once you're done playing it - can't see a problem there. Sometimes you don't want a massive, epic adventure - sometimes you just want to play for a little bit and have quick, dumb fun and that's exactly what "Paper Mario: Sticker Star" provides, at least from what I've seen in gameplay footage. These small games feel particularily at home on handhelds like the 3DS since when you're on the move, you don't necessarily have a lot of time you could devote to playing the game. This format has its advantages, y'know... ;)

14. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah because childish games are totally bad right?

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is a lot better than the first one.

15. calmwaters

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    I also judge games by how fun they are, so yeah, it is fun playing (some) games on the go. But I still don't like the trading in part: once you buy it, it's yours forever (which should make you feel selfish and never want to get rid of any games). And I do play my Gameboy when I'm going on a trip. (It only has four hours of battery life, though :( )

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Well, the trading in part is really reserved for those who do trade games in. :P I'm half-in-half, I collect games in general, but trade in those which I have no lasting interest in.

17. calmwaters

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    I didn't want to trade in my Wii Sonic games, but I did it for a good cause. I got a brand new copy of Thor for $3. :D Which I must say I had a better time playing than the Sonic games. (duh)

18. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    "Sonic Colours/Colors" was great. :angry:

...just saying, not saying that "Thor" isn't since I never played it. :P

calmwaters likes this.
  19. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Mario Kart 7 is a fun game to play for a quick race session.

20. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    The most bang for your buck is something that is going to last you a while. If you want un bojective fun, I would get animal crossing. If you want some long lasting RPG, id get Shin Megami Tensi 4, or Devil survivor.