Gaming Which game should i get out of these?

Which game should i get out of these?

• Saints Row

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gears Of War

• Dead Rising

• Crackdown

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

• Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

• BioShock

• Burnout Paradise

• skate

• orange box

• Other

• Total voters

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My sisters birthday is on sunday so I'm getting a game.

My question is: Which one?

or you can recommend another game thats not on the list.

(i already have halo 3 and gta iv)

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all those games are great, however, I would scratch off Saints Row & Crackdown since they are kinda similar to GTA 4 and since you are just starting your 360 library, you may want something completely different.

I felt Lost Planet was a little weak. A good rental but not a keeper.

Burnout Paradise is a blast if you like arcade racing.

Gears of War is really good but the sequel is coming out in Nov. You might just want to rent the 1st one for the story (or lack of one, heh). and again Bioshock is amazing but once you beat it, that's kinda all there is.

Personally, I'd go with Oblivion which I have put 100s of hours in if you like open ended free roaming style of RPG games. You can be a Knight, a Wizard, Assassin, Thief, Warrior, all kinds of stuff.

However, I played this back in 06 so I don't know if it's considered dated or not.

EDIT: I just read this is for your sister? how old is she? what kind of games she likes? I'm confused. Her birthday so you're getting a game? for yourself or her? lol.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
poisonousj said:
all those games are great, however, I would scratch off Saints Row & Crackdown since they are kinda similar to GTA 4 and since you are just starting your 360 library, you may want something completely different.

I felt Lost Planet was a little weak. A good rental but not a keeper.

Burnout Paradise is a blast if you like arcade racing.

Gears of War is really good but the sequel is coming out in Nov. You might just want to rent the 1st one for the story (or lack of one, heh). and again Bioshock is amazing but once you beat it, that's kinda all there is.

Personally, I'd go with Oblivion which I have put 100s of hours in if you like open ended free roaming style of RPG games. You can be a Knight, a Wizard, Assassin, Thief, Warrior, all kinds of stuff.

However, I played this back in 06 so I don't know if it's considered dated or not.

EDIT: I just read this is for your sister? how old is she? what kind of games she likes? I'm confused. Her birthday so you're getting a game? for yourself or her? lol.

she'll be 23. she isn't getting a game, iam getting a game.

she got something on my birthday, so i get something on hers. the game is for ME!

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You get a game for yourself on her birthday? they must do things differently over there
laugh.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
My top 360 games are GTA IV, Rockband, and Mass Effect. They take up more of my time than any of the others.
Also The Orange Box, if for some odd reason you haven't already experienced the pure bliss of Portal and the Half-Life 2 series.
Assassin's Creed is good for a one-time play through, but after that there's no desire to play it again.

But from your list, I would pick Crackdown, as it's basically GTA but playing as an uber-cop.

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-x1_0_nt- said:
I probably get the orange box

that's definately the best bang for your buck. although dated, Half Life 2 is awesome, plus all the episodes plus portal and team fortress.

I remember when Half Life 2 first came out on PC. I thought the physics was amazing.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The problem about the Orange Box

Portal: I heard it is very short and no replay value
TP 2: More of a multiplayer game than a single player game. I have not got LIVE yet, so theres no use in TP 2
Half Life: i'm not remotly intrested in the HL series and i have not played number one.

jalaneme said:
as i can't vote i just post the games you should get from that list

Dead Rising
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (game of the year)
Burnout Paradise
orange box

I'm only get one out of the list>_>

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you dont really need to play Half Life 1 to appreciate Half Life 2 but anyways it's a very excellent FPS. TF2 is strictly a multiplayer game, there is no single player aspect what's so ever. and yes Portal is great but also 4-5 hours long with little replay value unless you like trying to see how fast you can beat a level.

I'd go with Oblivion if you like wide open adventure RPG with real time fighting/spell casting or Burnout Paradise if you want a great arcade racer that's fun online as well as offline.

Dead Rising is a good rental game.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Orange Box... just for Portal...

OMG, that game is so freakin awesome, but so short
frown.gif
only 19 levels... once you get the hang of it, should only take about 2 hours to beat... I can go from start to finish in about an hour now. I'm waiting for new maps, and doing the extra missions till then.

But you'll also get Half Life 2, and Team Fortress 2, so it's an awesome deal!

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dead Rising, HL2, Bioshock, Saints Row, Crackdown, Lost Planet, and Skate all have demos on live if you haven't checked them out already. That might help.

IMO Oblivion has the most playability with 100+ hours including the expansion. If you haven't played portal you can buy it seperately online if your puter can handle new games. Portal can also be finished in a single rental. Oblivion is 1st person so it plays like a shooter(spells, arrows). Based on the other games you put though i don't think you'll have any problems jumping right in.

-Note- Both Portal and Oblivion are visually stunning in HD

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i haven't got live to get demos. and my pc cant run recent games.

The orange box is now out of the question...not getting that

Call of duty? naw, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1