Hacking Which FlashCart should I get?

grandpa2390

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this has been asked before, and you are probably tired of answering it. I tried reading other threads and I get confused. I had a CycloDS once and all I had to do was plug it in and play. I'm following the guide everyone links to and I'm looking at the long list.

It seems to me and based on all my other reading. the best two cards right now are probably ACE3DS X and
R4i Gold 3DS Plus

someone in another thread said, though,
People are probably going to bash me for suggesting something dissimilar to what you're asking for, but your best option is getting an NTRboot compatible DS-mode flashcard, and modding your system to install boot9strap with it.

that's when I get confused. I think that's what these flashcarts do... but I don't know anything.

those 2 cards seem to be the most popular based on my research, one as an internal switch though and the other has an external. The ACE3DS X with its external switch seems like the obvious choice. But once again, what do I know?

Please advise :)

edit: I have the original 3DS XL and am on 11.6 :)

Last edited by grandpa2390,

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wasn't their another flashcart that had an easier method of switching from DS mode to NTR mode on top of the cart? not internal?

grandpa2390

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s an older version. I wouldn’t recommend that one.
ok. I just kept seeing it. and Sometimes When I'm looking on the sites, I see Gold RTS or Gold RTS Plus or Gold Plus. Are they all the same thing? the cartridge pictures all look the same. and RTS is written on them. even the ones without RTS. it all gets confusing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wasn't their another flashcart that had an easier method of switching from DS mode to NTR mode on top of the cart? not internal?
The Ace is like that. but they said don't get the Ace, get the gold plus. I guess you have to take the cartridge apart to get to the switch, but that minor inconvenience is nothing compared to the superior quality. I read in other places that the Ace struggles in DS mode compared to the 3ds Gold plus.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About looking for flashcarts, that depends on what you want it for. If your 3DS is already hacked with CFW, just keep your CycloDS and load it through NTR Launcher or NTR Launcher 3D. If it's not hacked, then R4i Gold 3DS Plus should be your choice.

Last edited by MushGuy,
Reactions: grandpa2390

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.