Hacking Which firmware is best for 3ds xl?

olas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I went ahead and bought the 170 dollar amazon 3ds xl special they got running,

what would be your first modification to it?

I also have a r4i 3ds gold coming with a few sd cards.

Would you recommend I figure out what the current firmware is, and if it is not then try to get it somewhere between firmware 4.10 - 4.50 so I could buy the new 3ds gateway card?

Still wondering if I should use the flashcard to upgrade the firmware to the newest 6.3... whats the common consensun?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you get a 3DS XL with a firmware between 4.1-4.5, the gateway flashcart becomes an option you can take, you would have to wait for the 2.0 gateway update to show up before you can try the emuNAND to use any online features.

If it comes with anything 5.0 or higher, you might as well update your 3DS XL to the 6.3 and get either a R4 clone that is compatible or a DSTWO. Or you can wait to see if the 5.0 3DS firmware will be supported in the future by gateway.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best firmware is the latest one if you care about eshop content like game demos or Nintendo Direct, or eeshop exclusive like Shantae.

Firmware 4.1-4.5 if you want to pirate games and I know you do.
If you get a 3DS XL thats pre-4.1, then you'll need to use a game with the firmwares you'll need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom