Homebrew which emulator can play Chrono Trigger EXCELLENT?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yeah, i found that too.
think have to wait to get my DS and check it out myself.
i just dot want to go like 70% of game and just get stuck behind a bug and i hate to start all over again.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well you'll have the .sav file
tongue.gif

AFAIK there's not that kind of bug, just some layer issues. ot that big deal.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
yeah, i'll have .sav file but its not compatible with other emulators! so garbage.

it doesnt say how frequent the graphic bug occur and they didnt put much time on it, i think i'll be the one to test it throughly.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said this before, maybe not in this forum, but in another one, that some group should focus on getting Chrono Trigger to just WORK on the DS. I'm not saying I need a full SNES emulator, I'm talking just playing Chrono Trigger in all of its glory with full speed and working graphics as close to 100% as possible. Then we'll all be happy!

reemixx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh. Ignore 'em all
wink.gif

I just started using SNEmulDS yesterday. Chrono Trigger was the first game I tried. I've only played about 5 minutes of it though. I found the dialogue boxes that come up sort of cut the tops of the words off. You can still read them but it can get a wee bit annoying. Also, the backgrounds for the dialogue boxes don't render properly. That's all I've found so far.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I played through chrono trigger fully a while ago (all side quests etc).. there are like 5-8 places in total where you have to change the layers to see the place almost correctly. Other than that you just go along with 'auto'. Text suffers a bit, but if you go to options and change the 'outlook' of your dialogue, the text gets even better. All in all, the text is perfectly readable, but it's not perfect. I didn't have any speed problems at all with the game (naturally it's not 100%, more like 95-99%) but unless you are the 'hey look, it's a tiny dustcorn in the corner of your room so it's not clean' kind of guy. Then you won't even notice it.
I enjoyed the game fully and so will you unless you're one damn picky guy regarding perfect emulation.

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. Ignore 'em all
wink.gif

I just started using SNEmulDS yesterday. Chrono Trigger was the first game I tried. I've only played about 5 minutes of it though. I found the dialogue boxes that come up sort of cut the tops of the words off. You can still read them but it can get a wee bit annoying. Also, the backgrounds for the dialogue boxes don't render properly. That's all I've found so far.

you can always go to the game options and just switch the view to top instead of middle so you can see the text. but doing that all the time would get annoying. hopefully with the next release they will have an auto size feature so you dont have to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E