Gaming Which DS Yo-Gi-Oh game...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
All of the World Championship games do. You can even update their ban lists on Wi-Fi.

This. I used to be quite the fan of Yu Gi Oh. Reverse of Arcadia is one of the best, containing every card I needed it to. My only complaint is that it's based on 5D's, which I'm not a fan of. Synchros are just stupid, imo.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Okay, so which ones are the most "updated" (as in number of cards) without adding stupid rules? XD
The latest one (WC2010: Reverse of Arcadia). It includes all cards up to Absolute Powerforce in the real-life TCG, and all ban lists up until it's release.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Okay, so which ones are the most "updated" (as in number of cards) without adding stupid rules? XD

2009 I think? Don't worry about it though. Just get Reverse of Arcadia (World Championship 2010).

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
I would go for the Nightmare troubandoor......It was one of the yugioh games that i really liked a lot........
I don't like tha new yugioh cards that they are making they are way much differer than the old school game cards.....

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I like seeing the new cards as long as it's still the same sort of game.

From what I'm reading it seems the main addition is tuner/synchro... and that just seems to be the same sort of thing as fusion/polymerization, only it's way less limited so people will actually use it?

EDIT: Do I have to bother with the "speed duel" crap, or is that optional/rare?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:

From what I'm reading it seems the main addition is tuner/synchro... and that just seems to be the same sort of thing as fusion/polymerization, only it's way less limited so people will actually use it?

Yes, you do need to do the speed duel bull if you do the campaign. But if you just want duels, stick to World Championship Mode and you'll be fine. Synchros being less limited (and, at the same time, altogether confusing to summon for someone who's never seen one in use) is what I don't like.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I sometimes play Reverse of Arcadia (World Championship 2010) and I think it's the best DS YGO game, because it improved in everything over the other ones.

And Synchros are actually pretty easy, all you need is a tuner and a non-tuner card (it always says on the card whether it's a tuner or not) and the combined level (/stars) must be the same as the Synchro you want to summon. So if you want to summon an 8 lvl synchro, you need eg. 4 lvl tuner and 4 lvl non-tuner on your field, and you summon it as a special summon - meaning you can synchro summon as many times as you can in your turn.

They're awesome, because it can really turn the tide of the duel and makes it even more exciting with all new combinations and ways how you can summon them. I feel like the game is even more flexible than ever before, though it's a pity you most often have decks built around a theme, that way you can't make your own "special" deck, like all those characters have in the anime
biggrin.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yar, like I said synchro looks like a reboot of fusion that's actually worthwhile to use.

However, god I hated that game. XD I made my deck, and didn't even make it through one duel before soft-resetting and deleting it. I hated pretty much everything about it. All the hair choices sucked, the deck/card build/buy/whatever screens were totally cramped and you wouldn't tell what was what when it came to the controls, none of the buttons had text labels to let you know what pressing L/X/R/Y would do (an image of a card and an arrow can only give so much information), IT WAS SLOW IN EVERY ASPECT, the duel screen looked like a disco with all the colors...

It just... It looked like somebody mixed yugioh with pretty rainbow unicorn princesses and made it retarded slow.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say play Spirit Caller. It retains the old 3D graphics (aka the monsters actually pop-out), and it doesn't lag like the newer versions do.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really? Mine didn't lag and I did try out all the other DS games and prefer this one.

Well, everyone has different tastes then.
biggrin.gif
Oh, and I just elaborated on synchros coz Tehskull wrote they're "confusing to summon for someone who's never seen one in use" - but you're right, they are essentially fusion summons which can be used handily.
biggrin.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
TehSkull said:
Rydian said:

Yes, you do need to do the speed duel bull if you do the campaign. But if you just want duels, stick to World Championship Mode and you'll be fine. Synchros being less limited (and, at the same time, altogether confusing to summon for someone who's never seen one in use) is what I don't like.

Synchros aren't hard to use. Have 1 tuner monster on field, have one or more non-tuner (normal, effect, fusion, ritual) on the field. Add up their level, send the cards for the synchro summon the the grave, and special summon a synchro monster with EXACTLY the same level as the monsters used to synchro for it. Example, 1 Lv3 Tuner, 1 Lv4 Effect monster on field, special summon one Lv7 Synchro from Extra Deck. Not hard at all. They're like Rituals crossed with Fusions.

QUOTE(Inunah @ Nov 13 2010, 06:29 AM)
None of them. Stick with older GBA Yugioh games. All the cards that came after Battle City are too confusing to bother with.
How so? I use Machinas. Machina Fortress: Send card that equal 8 stars or more to special summon him from hand or grave. When he's destroyed by battle, destroy one monster your opponent controls. When he's destroyed by a monster effect, look at opponents hand and discard one card from their hand.

Not only that, but it's easier in the game because everything's automated.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say "lag", I just said "slow". Like all the waiting screens and shit.

I got Spirit Caller, and it's a HELL of a lot better... though I can't seem to progress in the story any. I registered a red, but when I go to the lightout (at evening or even night) it just tells me nobody's there.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
I didn't say "lag", I just said "slow". Like all the waiting screens and shit.

I got Spirit Caller, and it's a HELL of a lot better... though I can't seem to progress in the story any. I registered a red, but when I go to the lightout (at evening or even night) it just tells me nobody's there.
Sorry, I though you meant that it lags.
biggrin.gif

Dd you search the area thorougly? I remember you have to go and look and unless you find the person quickly, they disappear (I think). Try gamefaqs if it will help you.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb