OP
Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Hi all ^^

An easy question, for those who already got and installed sucessfully their modchip on their Wii. I want to get a chip which play Wii and GC backups and imports, and that is really easy to install.

In fact, I need advice on which one to get, and which one is the best price/quality/knowledges required ratio.

Thanks in advance
happy.gif

EDIT = And yeah, you can give me a great URL to buy it from ;P

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can throw my two cents, i built myself a chiip and it's siick. i mean i totally understand if u don't want to build your own for what ever reasons, but i had a hell of a lot of fun doing it and i couldn't be happier with the end result. i definitely learned a lot about wii modchips and how simple the current modchip offerings really are.

here's the URL http://chiip.descrambler.de/index.php/Main_Page

good luck with whatever option u choose my brotha

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built and installed a Wiifree, and it's simply awesome.

Also, I installed a WiiKey for Earthbound from this forum, and I must say, they've got about the same features, and eventually Wiifree will have all the same features as WiiKey (maybe more?).

Plus, it's just so much more fun and rewarding building it yourself (cheaper too).

cdndave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have both Chiip and WiiFree installed on mine - for the pure simplicity I'd recommend Chiip.

WiiFree uses the PIC and they can be tricky to program (god knows I've had a bunch of issues).

Have Fun, learn something!

Dave

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Wiikey is probably the best commercial modchip out at the moment, though if you wanted to save yourself $20-40 then the check out the Wiifree, an opensource chip. Eurasia.nu are selling preflashed PIC chips with the Wiifree code on for $6, or the Wiikey for $36. Shipping is $7. They also sell good quality triwing screwdrivers for $5 (needed for opening the Wii).

DealExtreme Have the Wiikey at $30.62 shipped. Apparently they're a reputable site though I've not used them myself.

At the end of the day all the modchips currently out are 'first gen' modchips for the Wii - they all work in the same way, have pretty much identical features and compatibility and there will be superior modchips out in the future, so purchase one bearing in mind that in the future you'll probably end up replacing it with another modchip. But for the moment at least the current modchips are pretty dam good, I've got a Wiikey myself and I'm very happy with it.

smile.gif

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea about the free ones because I haven't kept up on them. Of the commercial chips though, honestly, the Wiikey and Wiinja Deluxe have the exact same features. If you need region free ina commercial chip, go with one of those.

Wiinja v2 and Cyclowiz are identical as well, neither has region free, although supposedly a Cyclowiz update will move it to the other list.

Basically, go with whatever is cheaper for the features you need.

iori-kyo-k

OP
Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Yeah, thanls a lot all for your answers. In fact I was hesitating between a Wiikey and a Cyclowiz, but it seems they're really pretty much identical technicalty speaking.

I think I'll take a Wiikey and solder it with cables, in case I want to remove it later.

Thanks again you all, you rulez \o/

CamaroShifter88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, so jw... has anyone ever posted an all-out tutorial on how to install/build open source chips and what/how to flash them with? I haven't boutght a chip yet (not even a Wii atm, I'm waiting for my job at BestBuy and for the wii shortage to die down a little bit). I was going to do a lot of researching on the matter and learning not just how to make it work, but how it works in general. But.. TILL THEN, I was wondering if there has been a tutorial somewhere, whether for Chiip or Wiifree, about how to install and build.. etc, just to get a quick understanding. Thanks
biggrin.gif

RougeRat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, so jw... has anyone ever posted an all-out tutorial on how to install/build open source chips and what/how to flash them with? I haven't boutght a chip yet (not even a Wii atm, I'm waiting for my job at BestBuy and for the wii shortage to die down a little bit). I was going to do a lot of researching on the matter and learning not just how to make it work, but how it works in general. But.. TILL THEN, I was wondering if there has been a tutorial somewhere, whether for Chiip or Wiifree, about how to install and build.. etc, just to get a quick understanding. Thanks
biggrin.gif

http://chiip.descrambler.de/index.php/Main_Page

The programmer is easy and the chip is easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...