Hacking Which CFW is the best?

Which CFW (with or without ODE support) is the best?

• Total voters

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The poll says it all. If you select other then please reply with which one. Also I would appreciate additional info about why the chosen CFW is the best.

D

Deleted User

TLDR: I like Joonie's latest Darknet 4.65 Cobra, before that I liked the 4.46 Rogero Cobra port, and before Cobra was a sparkle in the eye, I used Rebug.

There really isn't a "best" firmware in that list. It all comes down to what you plan on doing with it.

Rogero is well known for stable vanilla CFW releases
Habib/Darknet are well known for CFW - especially COBRA ports
Rebug was good with mixing CEX/DEX kernels (though mostly defunct now)

Though to be honest, you really can't beat a Cobra FW. Loading up ISO's instead of JB rips is pretty sweet. Having PSX/PS2/PSP ISO are great too.

Personally, I'm using the Darknet CEX 4.65 and it's working fine. If you're a bit of a stickler for not having to wire up a PS2 controller on a slim - Rogero 4.46Cobra is good too (though requires you to resign everything 4.46+)

To be honest, not sure why you listed 4.50 and 4.60 as there really isn't anything gained on them - you might as well be on the latest if you're going up that high. You'll eventually have to do some work resigning anything higher than your CFW.

Not sure what you mean by ODE support. If you can have CFW - why even bother with an ODE?

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the 4.60 and 4.50 versions of the two on there because there are sometimes problems with current versions and I would rather not find out after I get everything transferred to the hard drive on to have to format it again.

I only mentioned ODE to specify that it didn't matter if it had built-in support or not since I'm going to be using the internal drive.

D

Deleted User

Shouldn't have to do anything with the HDD moving between CFW unless you're not QA flagged and attempting to downgrade via FSM.

Went from 4.46 Rogero -> 4.53 Rebug Unofficial, didn't like it, went back to 4.46, then up to 4.65. Never had to mess with the HDD.

Honestly, grab any Cobra release, throw your ISO's on a NTFS/FAT32 drive and enjoy. You can spoof pretty much any CFW to the latest for PSN access so it comes down to what you want out of your CFW.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been over a year and a half since I last had a PS3 (dumb ex broke my old one) and I am a bit rusty on the scene. I didn't know (or remember) that the QA status was the reason behind needing to format. I'm hoping to stay away from FSM because it will mean having to downgrade my 6.60 CFW PSP to do it.

I don't game online but I might get some freebies off the store and maybe use Netflix on it instead of my Wii.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my E3 today and settled on HABIB COBRA 4.65 v1.02 so I don't have to worry about non-JB games for a while and PSN spoofing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: