laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I'm in the market for a homebrew card and was wondering, which card should i get? AceKard or R4DS? and why do you recommend them?

P.S.
I hear some don't have wii compatability?

Hiz_95

Trophies
XP
Country
Do not get an R4 they are crap now compared to some other cards out there. R4 doesn't have full compatibility with some f the better newer games such as SS/HG. Acekards are better plus generally cheaper. I have just bought an Acekard 2i to replace my R4i.

798-Icebird

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hiz_95 said:
Do not get an R4 they are crap now compared to some other cards out there. R4 doesn't have full compatibility with some f the better newer games such as SS/HG. Acekards are better plus generally cheaper. I have just bought an Acekard 2i to replace my R4i.
yea
tongue.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yusuo said:
is this a serious question
I agree. Is it? Its common sense.. "Yeah I'll buy a card that has a team that's dead/ full of clones instead of the superior Acekard 2.1/2i with perfect game compatibility, homebrew soft reset, update-able firmware via WiFi, amazing GUI, revamped cheat engine, weeekly loader updates, Wii Compatibility, ect ect."

laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yusuo said:

you
Hakoda said:
yusuo said:
I agree. Is it? Its common sense.. "Yeah I'll buy a card that has a team that's dead/ full of clones instead of the superior Acekard 2.1/2i with perfect game compatibility, homebrew soft reset, update-able firmware via WiFi, amazing GUI, revamped cheat engine, weeekly loader updates, Wii Compatibility, ect ect."

and you,
glad you've found something to do
QUOTE(gameguy95 @ Mar 23 2010, 07:05 PM)
r4=
hate2.gif

Acekard=
wub.gif

Cyclods=
wub.gif
wub.gif

Supercard DS2=
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
supercard DS2? hmm have to look at that then.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
There isn't a set release date for the Supercard DS2. So it might be a while before it is released...

cruznik71450

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had an R4 with my DS lite and I loved it till my DS lite hinge broke and the touch screen started failing. That was an original R4 so I don't know anything about the R4i's but the display was simple and you needed to patch most newer games. So that sucked. Got a DSi with and Acekard and I absolutely love it. The display is very nice and functions were great. Settings were awesome and using cheats easy. The backgrounds you can get are awesome and make it feel like yours. The firmware AKAIO gets updated frequently to fix any game loading problems. Navigating through it with the stylus is also very nice and responsive. Going though folders is nice when you start getting loads of games, homebrew, emulators, MP3's, Manga's, etc's on your SD card it helps keep finding things easy. Overall IMO Acekard kills R4 in every way. Go with Acekard.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
The difference is the AK R.P.G has 1GB NAND & a MSD Slot & Open-Source but doesn't work with DSi(XL). The Acekard 2 is the same only only it's not open source & no NAND Memory. The AK2.1 is the exact same as the AK2 but doesn't have MSD Errors although currently there is a bad batch around. The AK2i is the same as the AK2.1 with DSi Support.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Saddamsdevil said:
gameguy95 said: