Which Card Should I Get?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dead Birdie, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Dead Birdie
    OP

Dead Birdie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    United States
    Addison, Alabama
    I am looking for my daughter to be able to play DS games and GBA games on her 3DS mainly.
    It would be nice to down the road be able to play 3DS games but the most important for her right now is the DS and GBA games.

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Dstwo.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. serenade.63

serenade.63 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    United States
    Lots of options for DS games, but the only option for gba on the DS that has any kind of respectable compatibility is DStwo

Margen67 likes this.
  4. Isle41

Isle41 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2011
    Gambia, The
    As people have said the Supercard DSTwo is your only option. The reason is because the DS does not have the power to emulate the GBA, and the 3ds restricts itself to DS power. The DSTwo overcame this limitation by adding a cpu to itself to overall make itself better, which no other flashcart has and thus cannot emulate a GBA (among other things).

5. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Gbaemu4ds is for getting by. I never figured out how the saves worked and the settings were always a bother to see if it would help with compatibility. Dstwo's user experience I think is worth it, as you have the best available compatibility without having to worry about future updates. Bottomline: Dstwo= peace of mind.

6. Ralph1611

Ralph1611 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    DSTWO is worth it

7. DuffyDavid

DuffyDavid Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2014
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Does DSTWO work with the new 3DS?

8. Arnold0

Arnold0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2011
    France
    Vire, France
    If you want GBA wou'll look for DStwo. For 3DS games it depends on the firmware, if 4.5 or below : gateway, if higher than 9.2 sky/qq3ds and in between you should wait for gateway update and decide after that.

Thomas12345 likes this.