Hacking Which came first?

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dose anyone know? I tryed to google it, but all I found where old threads asking, Should I get M3 Simply or R4?

I know they are the same cards, but what card was first.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Never mind
tongue.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fabis94 said:
Lol NEVER get an R4. It is outdated and if you will find it in the stores, it will be just a clone. By the way, EVERYTHING that has R4 in it, is a clone.
So if you need the flashcart for the DSL then get an Acekard 2 and if you need it for the DSi then get an iTouch2 or wait till the new M3 Reali is released.
That's not what he asked.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4 is the original, the M3 Simply came very shortly afterward. They are indeed the same, and you can use one's firmware on the other with some minor hacking. Neither is worth buying nowadays.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
The R4 is the original, the M3 Simply came very shortly afterward. They are indeed the same, and you can use one's firmware on the other with some minor hacking. Neither is worth buying nowadays.
I agree - I've have/had the M3 Simply but it's not supported anymore - so the best thing is to get a more 'modern' card (any with an 'i' on the end Acekard 2i/DSTTi/EZVi etc), these are not only compatible with the DSi but also backward compatible with DSLite/Phats - also being modern there's bound to be support for it either from the manufacturer or from the clever bods that do Homebrew

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
Dose anyone know? I tryed to google it, but all I found where old threads asking, Should I get M3 Simply or R4?

The R4 DS came out first while the M3 Team was working on their own card. They realized that they would not make it out along with their competitors in time and lose market share so they made a deal with the company producing the R4 DS. That company agreed to do a small change in the card and relabel it the M3 DS Simply while the M3 Team worked on their own card. This way the company profited, M3 profited, and the M3 Team would have some buffer for their own true card to be released.

That's why the M3 DS Simply firmware came out later than the R4 DS firmware time after time and had a lower firmware version number than the R4 DS although they were, in fact, the same firmware.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Golin said:
KazoWAR said:

The R4 DS came out first while the M3 Team was working on their own card. They realized that they would not make it out along with their competitors in time and lose market share so they made a deal with the company producing the R4 DS. That company agreed to do a small change in the card and relabel it the M3 DS Simply while the M3 Team worked on their own card. This way the company profited, M3 profited, and the M3 Team would have some buffer for their own true card to be released.

That's why the M3 DS Simply firmware came out later than the R4 DS firmware time after time and had a lower firmware version number than the R4 DS although they were, in fact, the same firmware.

I thank you for this piece of information!
yaypsp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea