Which 6670 is best?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Lanlan, Aug 17, 2012.

Aug 17, 2012

Which 6670 is best? by Lanlan at 8:37 AM (337 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    My PC has an A8-3870K APU in it, and it can be Hybrid Crossfirex'd with a few cards, with the Radeon 6670 being the best. But there are a bunch of different ones, and there are DDR3 and DDR5 ones. Of course the DDR5 one would be better, but I read when it's Cross'd with an APU it jumps down to DDR3 speeds, and I also read it's not. So I have conflicting reports there. Anyone with any knowledge of APUs know if it slows it down to DDR3 speeds? Also how important are the various speeds on the card? Like core and memory, and the amount of video RAM. And which one performs best in hybrid Crossfirex. Also, don't comment saying "you can't crossfire integrated with discrete", I've seen people say that and they're dumb. I know APUs aren't too popular with enthusiasts, that's why I'm asking cuz it's hard to find info.

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    First time I've heard of this. I'm not saying its not possible, just that I've never heard of this. It'd be interesting for budget builds if it actually works.

Then again, I hate microstuttering in multi-GPU builds so I'd never try it.

3. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    It's very possible, the combined GPU is called a 6690D2, and it's comparable to a 6770