VirusX2

Master Race Beast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Guys,

I've planned to Hard Mod my Brand New 3DS XL this week, Am getting what all i need before i do it. If i downgrade from 10.4 to 9.2 i have to use HB to install CFW Right? So i have to use Browserhax or Ninjahax or Oothax. My major question is will browserhax works on 9.2 by this date? or i have to use other exploits. If browser hax don't work on 9.2 i have use some alternate. As by my research Cubic Ninja cost around 75$ on Amazon and 70 - 100$ on eBay. is it better to get Cubic Ninja or to buy Flash Cards.

If flashcards is best solution which card is best to buy?
1.Gateway3DS - Nearly 67$ I Guess.
2.Sky3DS+ - Around 89 -100$ on various sites.

Please Guide me Through.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No need for a flashcart - I say that as a person who owns a flashcart.

Just use a CFW such as rxTools or AuReiNAND.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes....... since all the browerhax ninjhax need to load up HBL first....

Will Browserhax work with 9.2? Won't it ask to Update the firmware to use browser? I don't have Cubic Ninja or Oot to load HBL. Am confused right now.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can downgrade your 10.4 eithout a hardmod if you wait. There's a downgrade method which was just discovered which will probably work on 10.4 if you wait for someone to create a version of "sysupdater" that uses it. To downgrade you will need an entry point to run homebrew, which will be browserhax for you.

No flashcard is needed; just wait, then downgrade and install custom firmware. The only benefit of Gateway is that you can put ROMs on the SD card inside the flashcart without having to install them.

And if you ever decide you need Cubic Ninja, you may as well get a Sky3DS instead at those prices. Sky3DS pretends to be a real cart (unlike Gateway which uses the same exploits you use for custom firmware) so you can put Cubic Ninja on it and it will work.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can downgrade your 10.4 eithout a hardmod if you wait. There's a downgrade method which was just discovered which will probably work on 10.4 if you wait for someone to create a version of "sysupdater" that uses it. To downgrade you will need an entry point to run homebrew, which will be browserhax for you.

No flashcard is needed; just wait, then downgrade and install custom firmware. The only benefit of Gateway is that you can put ROMs on the SD card inside the flashcart without having to install them.

And if you ever decide you need Cubic Ninja, you may as well get a Sky3DS instead at those prices. Sky3DS pretends to be a real cart (unlike Gateway which uses the same exploits you use for custom firmware) so you can put Cubic Ninja on it and it will work.

Dude are you sure? But as far as my Knowledge Hardmod is best if i screwed with downgrade stuck. If i hard mod is downgrade fails i can simply reflash my firmware. But 10.4 Downgrade mode will be stable enough with 100% success rate?

Last edited by VirusX2,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You don't necessarily need a hardmod. Of course it's not risk-free, but most people here do not have a hardmod.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Is this really true? I've seen one thread in here discussing it, and that's it. Is this optimistic speculation, or something imminent?

Edit: and that one thread is full of trolls talking about butthurthax and Trumphax etc etc.

Last edited by regnad,

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds a lot more genuine than most such things.

I suppose there's no way to tell for sure until something is released.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds a lot more genuine than most such things.

I suppose there's no way to tell for sure until something is released.

So you're asking me not to Hard Mod my Device. If that so am Happy to do it cause I want my Console untouched.

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay then lets hope and wait for this to happen. I ordered a Card reader recently. I will have it with me if anything goes wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all