Puregamer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is it just me or have there been no ds releases for the longest time. The last release was 5 days ago, i've never seen a span that long before a new game is released. In the past two weeks, only 2 or 3 games have been released, none worth playing. Why? Is Nintendo too focused on the 3DS? If that's the case, it's worth it. But that shouldn't have any effect on ds game releases, because most ds game producers dont have that much association with nintendo.

Thoughts??

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The advent of the 3DS will cause NDS releases to be fewer and fewer. Also, it's not uncommon for there to be a 'game drought' during the summer months.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
yea...summer's always a slow period for games...now more than ever with starcraft 2...

expect a release boom during october-november as they always do...

Puregamer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yea, thats true, i got my flashcard last year in may, i guess i didn't notice the few releases becuase there were so many games i wanted already. And then in fall, there was a shitload of good releases. Heartgold, zelda, scribblenauts, and others i can't remember.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They cycle of games usually works in this way

US devs will usually dump everything they can during the Christmas season. For some bizarre reason, we don't spend any money until the last 2 months of the year. It's an odd phenomenon.

In Japan 'big' releases usually in Q1. This is because lots of Japanese companies have their fiscal year ending in March. So they like to pad the end of the year with some big numbers.

Summer has always been a big drought for games in general. Also since people are on vacation, even the warez people, so there's also that social aspect in terms of why releases are slow during this period.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Summer is always a great time to catch up on releases and complete games that were released earlier.
Especially in September/October/November/December it's a real flood of great games on any platform, and now is the time to catch up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night