Where'd all the DS games go?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Puregamer, Aug 25, 2010.

Aug 25, 2010

Where'd all the DS games go? by Puregamer at 6:07 PM (1,169 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Puregamer
    OP

Member Puregamer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Is it just me or have there been no ds releases for the longest time. The last release was 5 days ago, i've never seen a span that long before a new game is released. In the past two weeks, only 2 or 3 games have been released, none worth playing. Why? Is Nintendo too focused on the 3DS? If that's the case, it's worth it. But that shouldn't have any effect on ds game releases, because most ds game producers dont have that much association with nintendo.

Thoughts??

2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    The advent of the 3DS will cause NDS releases to be fewer and fewer. Also, it's not uncommon for there to be a 'game drought' during the summer months.

3. Puregamer
    OP

Canada
    yea, but the 3DS is backwards compatible, and there's still half a year for the 3DS release.

I still get your point. Thats a piss-off

4. dysan

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    yea...summer's always a slow period for games...now more than ever with starcraft 2...

expect a release boom during october-november as they always do...

5. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    Lets not forget the releases in September, I hear there are quite a few good games coming out in the next 4 weeks.

6. Puregamer
    OP

Canada
    yea, thats true, i got my flashcard last year in may, i guess i didn't notice the few releases becuase there were so many games i wanted already. And then in fall, there was a shitload of good releases. Heartgold, zelda, scribblenauts, and others i can't remember.

7. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    They cycle of games usually works in this way

US devs will usually dump everything they can during the Christmas season. For some bizarre reason, we don't spend any money until the last 2 months of the year. It's an odd phenomenon.

In Japan 'big' releases usually in Q1. This is because lots of Japanese companies have their fiscal year ending in March. So they like to pad the end of the year with some big numbers.

Summer has always been a big drought for games in general. Also since people are on vacation, even the warez people, so there's also that social aspect in terms of why releases are slow during this period.

8. Puregamer
    OP

Canada
    I see...well either way I need to do Rly good in school this year so I have to cut down on the gaming...sigh

9. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Summer is always a great time to catch up on releases and complete games that were released earlier.
    Especially in September/October/November/December it's a real flood of great games on any platform, and now is the time to catch up.