Hacking Where to get Ocarina and programs?

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use cheats with burned games and I notice neogamma only takes ocarina codes. So do you have any idea where I would find an ocarina app AND the program used to put in codes?

I downloaded the actual app from the homebrew browser, but it didn't...ya know...come with a cheat app to put codes in or anything. >_>

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww I thought it would work but it didn't. I turned ocarina on and tried all the options. IOS 36, 61, and default. Whenever I start it, the words just jumble together and freeze. I used the cheat code manager. (one that makes gct files) that is what you meant, right?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jumbled together?
Sounds like something is corrupted....
Did you try re-installing Neogamma?
I use rev7 of Neogamma, but any one should work.
Also, to update your cIOS's run Pimp my Wii, it'll automatically find outdated cIOS's, system menu, channels, and tell you which ones need updating. pick and choose the ones you wish to update. You need to do a network install tho...

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got neogamma R8 and when I turn ocarina on, it says "You're stupid."

Seriously. And then sends me back to the wii menu.

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway for me to get ocarina codes when my wii can't read the disks? Apparently, gct files are completely different from ocarina.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The app Ocarina is totally outdated and was replaced by Gecko OS. Ocarina cheats work this way:
When booting the game, the loader(Gecko OS or NeoGamma for example) load the code handler into memory and patch the main.dol of the game to execute the code handler on certain events depending on the selected hooktype. And the loader also loads the .gct file into memory. And while playing the codehandler reads the gct file in memory and does the stuff that's described there, which only works when done over and over. And that's why the hooktype is that important, if the code handler is executed too often, the game runs buggy, if it's not executed at all, then Ocarina/Wiird won't work.

PyroSpark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks wiipower. About time I learned that.

And thanks ddetkowski. That was the problem. xD The hooktype. It works now.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*