Where to buy? (UK)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by firbird, Apr 21, 2009.

Apr 21, 2009

Where to buy? (UK) by firbird at 4:38 PM (1,685 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. firbird
    OP

Newcomer firbird Newbie

Belarus
    Where's the best place to buy the Acekard 2 (for DS lite) in the UK. DX have them but they'll take ages to deliver.

Does anyone have any experiences with Aria (https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/AK2+Nintendo+DS+-+Game+Backup+Device+?productId=32766) where its about £20 delivered. Or anywhere else which is cheaper/will deliver faster

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I'm from the UK, and oredered from DX. £12.46

3. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I've bought stuff from Aria before (no DS stuff, a DVD/DivX player and some PC hardware, stuff like that) and they've been fine.

Also bought two AK2s from here and they came quickly. Cheaper than Aria too, although still not as cheap as DX and postage isn't free. Will obviously be in your hands much quicker than anything shipped from China though.
    http://www.team-console.co.uk/acekard-21-1-p.asp

They also do bundles with 2gb SD cards
    http://www.team-console.co.uk/acekard-21--...arantee-2-p.asp

4. nintendolinky

Member nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I bought mine from www.addictsupplies.com buy it before 4pm and you get it next day, its a UK site.

5. firbird
    OP

Newcomer firbird Newbie

Belarus
    are these all def the same item? there's no chance of fake/substandard items coming from one source compared to another...? Just wondering why DX is so much cheaper...

6. forster

Newcomer forster Member

United Kingdom
    Another recommend for addictsupplies, next day delivery will keep me going back every time, and the card has been great.

7. firbird
    OP

Newcomer firbird Newbie

Belarus
    I'm edging towards Team Console, even with delivery they're £3 cheaper than addict supplies... can anyone else vouch for these websites?
    Thanks [​IMG]

8. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    First I bought my Acekard 2i from Dealextreme.com.
    But after waiting like, 10 days it hadn't shipped, so I cancelled my order and got refunded.

Then I ordered one from gamezway.com for the same price, and free same-day shipping.
    I've been waiting about 10 days on that as well, the difference is it shipped. [​IMG]

Only £13, not bad really.

9. Findecanno

Member Findecanno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you people need to have patience dealextreme is the best place to get flashkarts there dirt cheap and so what if it takes forever to ship it makes it seem more worthwhile if you have to wait for it [​IMG]

10. poloman

Member poloman GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i got mine from digitalera.co.uk - came the next day - seems like it was more expensive than DX at 18.98 all in, but its here and didnt have to wait.

11. badgerkins

Member badgerkins GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i got mine from focalprice.com. the stuff there is mega cheap and the shipping is free. i got my acekard 2.1 that came with a card reader for only $11.40 which is about £7.85. only bad point is that it took almost 2 weeks to get here but its worth it if you're getting it for such a price.

12. badgerkins

United Kingdom
    sorry. quintuple post ._.

13. badgerkins

United Kingdom
    i got mine from focalprice.com. the stuff there is mega cheap and the shipping is free. i got my acekard 2.1 that came with a card reader for only $11.40 which is about £7.85. only bad point is that it took almost 2 weeks to get here but its worth it if you're getting it for such a price.

14. badgerkins

United Kingdom

15. badgerkins

United Kingdom
    quadruple post. sorry ._.

16. Kaoz360

Newcomer Kaoz360 Member

United Kingdom
    I ordered mine from "the hanger shop" which is a uk site,There in stock right now with free shipping but a bit pricey at £24.99 but service is super and arrived next day and my card works like a charm and had no problems so far.

17. firbird
    OP

Newcomer firbird Newbie

Belarus
    ordered it from Digitalera but without an SD card (wasn't sure what brand they'd send me).... just need a cheap SDHC card and a USB reader now... any suggestions? thanks [​IMG]

18. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    On a side note- Don't buy micro SDs from MyMemory. They've sent the wrong one, and wont pay for for the re-postage.

19. Camshi

Newcomer Camshi Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hey guys, just joined, so first post [​IMG]

Ordered from DX and thinking about just ordering from UK as its quicker. But anyone noticed the stupid time it takes to get a confirmation email?

And how quickly is it refunded if you paid by PayPal if you go through the order no and email stage then confirmation of why your cancelling??

Cheers [​IMG]

20. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    I bought mine from focalprice.com (very similar to dealextreme) for only £11 but it took me a week to arrive. For that price and free delivery, I can't complain!

I've ordered from Dealextreme, different items and all took me a week to arrive.