Where The Workers Who Made Your iPhone Sleep At Night

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This kind of looks like my constructions from dwarf fortress. Only the conditions are better and there's no lava.

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
That netting reminds me of Welcome to the NHK...

More on the article itself, this is proof of either the U.S. needing to go back to employing people inside her own country or the problems of Chinese government.

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's really not bad at all. I don't see anything wrong with their living conditions, I sleep in a room smaller than that one with my two brothers. I certainly have no access to work out equipment. Hell, they even get a nice view! I can't help but think this is probably the one of the best companies though.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
To be honest, I don't see why people are surprised by this. Those rooms are pretty typical in terms of size and condition to the majority of homes in Asia that are outside large metropolitians like Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, etc. And even in those large cities, you'll find plenty of homes that look exactly like this. In fact, their dormitories are in much better condition than a lot of places within their own city. In East Asian countries, population is so dense that it is nearly impossible to get a big house without sacrificing the need of convenient transportation to local services. A mansion is basically a high class condo or apartment at most. Homes are typically in the condition we've seen there, or even worse. Sure, people who take care of their home will get it looking neat, tidy, and clean; but it doesn't change the fact that the living conditions are pretty much on par to the majority of the population living in an urban areas. I doubt the Foxconn employees have any complaints about living in these dormitories, since they're in better shape than what the majority of people would be living in around them.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
To be honest, I don't see why people are surprised by this. Those rooms are pretty typical in terms of size and condition to the majority of homes in Asia that are outside large metropolitians like Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, etc. And even in those large cities, you'll find plenty of homes that look exactly like this. In fact, their dormitories are in much better condition than a lot of places within their own city. In East Asian countries, population is so dense that it is nearly impossible to get a big house without sacrificing the need of convenient transportation to local services. A mansion is basically a high class condo or apartment at most. Homes are typically in the condition we've seen there, or even worse. Sure, people who take care of their home will get it looking neat, tidy, and clean; but it doesn't change the fact that the living conditions are pretty much on par to the majority of the population living in an urban areas. I doubt the Foxconn employees have any complaints about living in these dormitories, since they're in better shape than what the majority of people would be living in around them.
I'd agree with you.
Dorms are bound to look pretty gloomy
(I should know, I live in the crappiest dorm on my college campus)
And the hallways and lighting are similar here as they are there.
As good as those dorms are, however, I'd quite dislike living in dorms for the rest of my life.
Though I suppose in East Asia it's not uncommon to have those living arrangements as you said.

waterbanyan

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It is heard that the treatment turns better now. They live in the dorm because that they live faraway from their home. Buy the way, is there anyone want to buy Electronics? You can seach many category from brandsdragon

saulvg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as bad as I tought. I was in the military and lived in dorms similar to theirs, albeit, much, much more cleaner. Used to share a room with about eight guys, big public restrooms and showers on every floor. Not that bad, that is where the people who are defending your country sleep at night.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even