Gaming Where is Metroid?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Fans are just more critical of games and works in their series then the general population is, historically speaking.

If Nintendo reworked on that as a better game then perhaps fans wouldn't complain much.

I'm surprised Nintendo never bothered to make anything better out of the Zelda CDI games because they love to bring old Zelda games to the 3DS and such.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo reworked on that as a better game then perhaps fans wouldn't complain much.

I'm surprised Nintendo never bothered to make anything better out of the Zelda CDI games because they love to bring old Zelda games to the 3DS and such.
Who knows maybe Phillips has certain rights to the cdi games? Either way a good version of them would be neat

ishk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think just seeing as the amiibos, that they're planning a metroid game soon... Why does Marth, Wii fit Trainer and the Villager are really hard to find (and not being produced anymore #rumor) and how fox and samus are still in production (fox for the new Star Fox game that we know about) but Samus I think they're waiting for something (E3, Nintendo Direct) so they can show it.....

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it is safe to say apart from Nintendo, NO ONE is/will make games for Wii U for the foreseeable future. Although sad I am ok with this as I look at my Wii U not as the main gaming device. I have to mention I am talking about AAA games not indie games...
Now I really do not understand why Nintendo is not announcing a Metroid game...! All of the previous Metroid games on GC and Wii were well received and I believe sold moderately well. Considering Nintendo relies on their own property to move console units, I cant understand why they are not making a new Metroid game for Wii U, or are they...?

I'm not going to read all of this thread, so this may have been said already, but Metroid is not big in Japan, it's part of their loathing for America's overindulgence in FPS's I think. For that reason, I don't think they want to throw as much money into it, though I heard Retro is working on something... 2016 maybe?

ishk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not going to read all of this thread, so this may have been said already, but Metroid is not big in Japan, it's part of their loathing for America's overindulgence in FPS's I think. For that reason, I don't think they want to throw as much money into it, though I heard Retro is working on something... 2016 maybe?

It should be 2016 there is no point in launch something on 2015 with Mario Maker, Mario Party, Xenoblade, Zelda, Star Fox.....

ishk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Depends 6 main great games for a console in a year isn't very good, although some 3rd party titles may help if Nintendo gets any that is

But if we count the launch titles just from Nintendo in 2014 for the 3DS they are just 6 games also (7 if you count ORAS 2 times)

Bravely Default
Yoshi New Island
Mario Golf
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Super Smash Bros
Pokemon ORAS

So I really hope they surprise us with something, it could be awesome if they make a Console to Handheld compatibility (Metroid Prime/Fusion I'm looking at you)

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of them look like it didn't took much creativity or effort to make 'em.

Kirby's Rainbow Curse is a great example for this - It only has 28 freaking stages.
Also Mario party is just following the basic mp formula and xenoblade will probably have low sales despite being a great game

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Also Mario party is just following the basic mp formula and xenoblade will probably have low sales despite being a great game
If Mario Party X (well, 10) doesn't have online play then I'll be skipping it.

Kirby Rainbow, Mario Party X, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong and Mario Maker are all games that didn't require too much effort from Nintendo.

2015 will kinda suck for Wii U games.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Mario Party X (well, 10) doesn't have online play then I'll be skipping it.

Kirby Rainbow, Mario Party X, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong and Mario Maker are all games that didn't require too much effort from Nintendo.

2015 will kinda suck for Wii U games.
Personally I think it will be better overall as this year wiiu really just got a large boost from ssb4 and kart and to an extent bayonetta 2

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Personally I think it will be better overall as this year wiiu really just got a large boost from ssb4 and kart and to an extent bayonetta 2

2014 was a great year for Wii U but 2015 seems to be somewhat forgettable with the games already announced except for Zelda, Xenoblade, Splatoon and Mario Maker. The others are bound to have terrible sales, and especially, Devil's Third (catastrophic voice acting the game has apparently).

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2014 was a great year for Wii U but 2015 seems to be somewhat forgettable with the games already announced except for Zelda, Xenoblade, Splatoon and Mario Maker. The others are bound to have terrible sales, and especially, Devil's Third (catastrophic voice acting the game has apparently).
To be honest 2014 kinda (IMO ) was a crappy year for Wii u except for kart,b2 and ssb4 all of which made it memorable while 2015 will have a much better overall year

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
To be honest 2014 kinda (IMO ) was a crappy year for Wii u except for kart,b2 and ssb4 all of which made it memorable while 2015 will have a much better overall year
How exactly will 2015 be a better year for Wii U than 2014?

The only two games that stand out and which the public really cares about are, 1) Zelda and 2) Xenoblade. The rest is more or less for the fans.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly will 2015 be a better year for Wii U than 2014?

The only two games that stand out and which the public really cares about are, 1) Zelda and 2) Xenoblade. The rest is more or less for the fans.
I was speaking in terms of quality not sales. In terms of sales 15 will easily be behind 14

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That too, the games for this year beside Xenoblade, Zelda and Mario Maker won't really make much of a bang.

I am looking forward to Splatoon so Nintendo better not ruin it.
Xenoblade and Zelda will easily give me more than kart and ssb4 but that is mainly because I don't like last that much and xenoblade offers a lot more fdepth than ssb4 in terms of campaigns and what not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @AncientBoi I am really sorry for your loss +2