Gaming Where is Metroid?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I pray to god that never happens as the main Dev team will be split between the two games...

Is not necessary.. i mean, Retro Studios is obviously developing the Prime Series and i dont know if Next Level Games is developing the 3DS version... but for sure is not gonna be the same Dev Team for two games.

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
I want another 3D mario game.

I have not played a metroid game. Which games do you recommend playing first and which are the best?

I recommend playing Metroid Zero Mission first, then Super Metroid.

Super Metroid is better, but you'll appreciate both more if you play them in that order.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend playing Metroid Zero Mission first, then Super Metroid.

Super Metroid is better, but you'll appreciate both more if you play them in that order.

The main time line of the game is
Metroid (NES) / Metroid: Zero Mission (Game Boy Advance)
Metroid Prime (GameCube) / Metroid Prime Pinball (Nintendo DS)
Metroid Prime Hunters (Nintendo DS)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GameCube)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo Wii)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (Game Boy)
Super Metroid (Super Nintendo)
Metroid: Other M (Nintendo Wii)
Metroid Fusion (Game Boy Advance)

Note that Zero mission is basically a retelling of metroid with an extended ending and pinball isn't canon but would probably take place around prime 1 or 2.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
oh damn i don't think i can bring myself to play SNES/NES games atm! last old school game I played was chorine trigger.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh damn i don't think i can bring myself to play SNES/NES games atm! last old school game I played was chorine trigger.

Personally I find zero mission easier than metroid and its better to me personally due to graphics and what not. Also super metroid is a very good game that has aged well

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My favorite part of Chlorine Trigger was the part where you dumped chlorine into the river and poisoned the water so the empire would win.

Wait, I think I might be getting confused...

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Come ON people, Wii U is only Two years old ¬¬ a Metroid game is in development, YES it is. You want they announce all of their BIGGEST series at once? burn all your gas in just one year? are you guys f*king serious? its like you dont know a s*it about this industry.... Metroid is gonna be announced at the next year E3 if not then will be at somepoint of 2016 but YES we will gonna have a First Person Metroid Game just like Metroid Prime Series ¬¬ but not now, 2017 is the year.

There's no confirmation or details about Metroid for Wii U, nor F-Zero.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Metroid is currently in development by Retro Studios for Wii U and 3DS. The Wii U version is called Metroid: Redemption™ and the 3DS version is called Metroid Galaxy™.

arrow.gif
Source

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I recommend skipping Metroid (NES) and Metroid II (GB) entirely, they haven't aged too well. Zero Mission is a great start and basically a remake of the original, NES Metroid anyway. Super Metroid is an excellent game though, even to this day. It's not unfair, there's a ton of secrets and stuff and it's quite doable in terms of difficulty. There are some parts that typically require help of the internet though (looking at you, noob bridge and glass pipe)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid: Other M is just so good, they are still making SOOOO much money off of it they just don't have time to make another one.

You know what they say

Mo' Money no Mo' Metroid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know how I missed this https://youtu.be/OgLD1yhxNik?si=I94vWUB9-LcKc5jR