Where does the Vita store downloaded systemupdates?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by cathor, Nov 28, 2016.

1. cathor
    OP

cathor Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2016
    Hi,

The title pretty much says it all. Been browsing around the VitaShell to delete a downloaded update file. 3.63 Was downloaded before I had the chance to block my vita from the net.

Cheers

2. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    A bit unsure, but I believe the ud0: partition stores the downloaded update file. Have you tried looking in there for anything?

3. cathor
    OP

cathor Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2016
    Thanks.

The ud0 does have something that seems to be related to updates. There is a folder named "PSP2UPDATE" but it only contains 2 files which looks like they are log files. Their timestamp is the same as the day i updated to 3.60 so i guess they are related to that.

I have found a "psp2updat.pup" in gro0 : / psp2/ update/ but the timestamp says it was downloaded in 2014 so i don't think its the one i am looking for.

Last edited by cathor, Nov 28, 2016
  4. Voxel

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    gro0: partition is your game cartridge partition, so you wouldn't be able to delete the update file anyway. :P

Nevertheless, I am very much interested to hear where exactly the update is downloaded to, so if you do find anything out soon, be sure to let us know!

5. Ganoncrotch

Ganoncrotch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2016
    I'm almost sure you can delete the update file from the notification of it on the psv main menu, I think just cancel will get rid of the file from your system, not 100% sure on this but it should get rid of it and the nag if you have disabled updating in the psn menu.

6. cathor
    OP

cathor Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2016
    :) haha. Ok, good to know. Just got my vita so I haven't really wrapped my head around the scene yet.

On ps4 there is an option to delete downloaded system updates from the XMB. Will keep digging.