Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
I am a collector of flashcarts and I've been waiting for Gateway, Stargate, etc. to all drop in price to add to my collection. There's an experience one can get through flashcarts that they can't get through a CFW and that's something that actually made me interested in them when they were still worth investing in. I don't own any 3DS flashcartat the moment, but that is a factor worth considering.
I know it's shocking to see me "defending" flashcarts but I've never actually hated them, I just hated the teams behind them.

Exactly, some people buy old stamps, some buy baseball cards, people still buy retro games (pay way too much at times IMHO)

I like flashcards because they are essentially a hardware addon/upgrade, gateway is more of a micro SD adapter (accessible via gateway menu or cfw port [github.com/shinyquagsire23/gwcard]) while sky3ds and Stargate are 3ds card emulators, they emulate a legit 3ds cartridge itself, and loading ROMs is done in hardware on the cartridge, this is why you don't need cfw other than for homebrew and region bypass,
Like the dstwo they can include extra ram, cpu or dsp that can work with the 3ds hardware to give it even more capability (it also helps that 3ds cartridge port has a higher speed than nds as this caused issues on nds)

Still 3ds slot 1 has nothing compared the nds days, dserial, Romeo2, dserialedge

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I buy Stargate flashcards, do they work with 11.10.0-43U, and do they contain the brick code Gateway flashcarts had?
Many sites you can choose, just Google, but the stargate 3ds even doesn't have a live official site, you would better not buy it. Choose a R4i gold 3ds plus for ds games+cfw, or get the Sky3ds+ to play 3ds roms, they are much better. Or the free method, https://3ds.hacks.guide/.

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reviving this thread :D. I wanted to ask if someone could suggest a trusted retailer for the stargate 3ds card within europe. seems like all previous shops were taken down and i would love to get my hands on one. i know cfw is better, i have one fully modded but i would still like to purchase a stargate nontheless.
i would be happy about any replies :)

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Your typical flashcart shop usually has it, I can't vouch for any though and they are expensive like BaamAlex said.
yeah im sure, but all 4 shops i ever bought cards from were taken down which is why im asking for a reliable shop within europe to buy one from. i would appreciate a recommendation :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watermelon guava tomato sauce and mozzarella not too sure about that +1