Hacking where do i buy stargate

Parax342

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I buy Stargate flashcards, do they work with 11.10.0-43U, and do they contain the brick code Gateway flashcarts had?

Last edited by Parax342,

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Why? CFW is enough. Flashcards are overpriced and and not worth to buy imo.

if you actually search around

https://www.axiogame.com/?product=gateway-3ds

if that's overpriced then you need to find a better job or source of income....$15 USD(13.5 EUR) ships free,
note that sky3ds and stargate only plays 3ds roms (they do not run 3ds mode homebrew, stargate only runs nds mode homebrew ) they emulate a 3DS card to the T , they aren't region free (rom image must match console region), gateway is a cfw, and works in conjunction with the red card , since its cfw you have region free support, in game cheats/hex editor, a menu to select roms from, and supports homebrew (in .3ds)

imho and from my experience, just have a luma sysnand for management and online play, have a patched 11.10 emunand for gateway mode for those who still want to use it, i'd rather use my gateway for roms, and luma + cia for homebrew

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.mod3dscard.com/home/10-stargate-3ds-play-free-ds-and-3ds-games.html
https://usachipss.com/12-play-3ds-games
https://www.axiogame.com/?product=stargate-3ds
I've never personally tested these sites, so I don't know really much about them and I heavily suggest researching all of them before making any purchases. I would normally suggest nds-card but they no longer seem to carry Stargate 3DS anymore.

i bought https://www.axiogame.com/?product=gateway-3ds, they use epacket so shipping can take some time, its legit and works flawlessly

Reactions: The Catboy

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Why flash cart and not just stick with custom firmware?

From where I sit it allows more or less drag and drop in region games, and the ability to chuck such a cart at a friend if they need one and not have to have a custom firmware set up, similarly depending upon cart size they allow you to have more storage immediately to hand. Chain it with a few custom firmware tweaks and you have save fiddling, region free and cheats which is all most people care about.

If "just for fun" is not enough then that is a few solid reasons.

Granted 3ds has no games so I would question the need for one at all but that is probably a different matter.

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Portability of savegames over multiple systems is the only reason a flashcard is handy. Like you're playing on your n3ds and the battery is very low. You can pop the card in your old 3ds with good battery life and take a long session in the toilet...

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why should someone buy a flashcard when we can use custom firmware? Its for free and has more features as a shabby card.

That's understandable referring to sky3ds or stargate imho, gateway is at least is a cfw (though they killed their own market) and some features are shared with luma (both allow piracy, both allow homebrew, cheats, region bypass),

it's a matter of preference, and whether one actually needs cfw or may just be satisfied with a flashcard's simplicity

Either way you'll still need cfw (b9s+luma) to have region free on sky3ds or stargate, and to load gateway on 11.3+, and to run Homebrew

People like having options, especially if there's a variety

Reactions: tortugarosado

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know, but it cant run homebrew can it?
Sky3DS+ and Stargate both mimic retail cartridges. They pretend to be the cartridge of the currently loaded ROM. This is why they are accepted by a 2|3DS console without CFW – but only if the signature is valid which means ROM unmodified and from the same region. Homebrew apps obviously do not have a Nintendo signature which means the console will refuse to load them. Even the official Sky3DS site states: “No homebrew at the moment” where at the moment most likely means forever.

However… as the expensive 3DS flashcarts successfully mimic cartridge games, this is also true for exploitable games. Think of Cubic Ninja. Loading the Homebrew Launcher with Ninjahax should work just like on a legit Cubic Ninja copy. Could also be true for oot3dhax. This way Sky3DS+ could indirectly load homebrew.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But why should someone buy a flashcard when we can use custom firmware? Its for free and has more features as a shabby card.
I am a collector of flashcarts and I've been waiting for Gateway, Stargate, etc. to all drop in price to add to my collection. There's an experience one can get through flashcarts that they can't get through a CFW and that's something that actually made me interested in them when they were still worth investing in. I don't own any 3DS flashcartat the moment, but that is a factor worth considering.
I know it's shocking to see me "defending" flashcarts but I've never actually hated them, I just hated the teams behind them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over