Hacking Where are you Supercard team?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all carts have a gimic to sale there cart dstwo is one of those carts-----------mame never got update -------------gba was garbage-----------3ds firmware to brick you lator by nintend----------------------sega new remake makes it true all 3ds users will be brick-----------so dont update then
Stop talking like Silentslayers on his Superduckman97 account(this is not spam, its true)

W

wii-dog

sega of america is fun to work for them im glad you use 3ds flash carts on 3ds it will be fun when you get our new sega game =======game over============eggman one​

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all carts have a gimic to sale there cart dstwo is one of those carts-----------mame never got update -------------gba was garbage-----------3ds firmware to brick you lator by nintend----------------------sega new remake makes it true all 3ds users will be brick-----------so dont update then
sega of america is fun to work for them im glad you use 3ds flash carts on 3ds it will be fun when you get our new sega game =======game over============eggman one​

Wtf are you going on about, dude? MAME isn't even developed by Team Supercard. NDSGBA wasn't great but was good enough, with he release of the full sdk this should get better. And what the fuck are you talking about bricking? Where the hell does working for Sega of America come into play??

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are Chinese teams what do you expect. They just need quick money, once its out to the masses they don't care. Name me one team that still updates there flashcarts regularly.

Dose AKAIO count? granted they didn't create the AceKard 2i but still they are a team that works on firmware for the AceKard! and to Pingouin7 no its not the best flashcart out and has been since I last checked was Acekard 2i

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTWO is by far the best DS flashcart so I'm not sure what all the complaining is about. It won't be perfect or the price tag will be through the roof. If it were easy to program an SNES emulator fo the DS then it would have been done by now, but obviously it's not because no one has successfully created a fully-playable one.

And to those complaining of a lack of updates? I don't know what world you're living in but the Supercard team is generally the FIRST to respond. If there is a firmware update to the 3DS, the SC team generally has an update the same day or next day. The last several times they were FIRST to address the firmware update issues.

Furthermore, they release patches all the time to increase compatibility with new games like Pokemon White/Black 2 etc. so we don't have to worry about patching games ourselves. We can keep our nice clean ROM sets in order. ;) They also release those updates extremely promptly.

So what are you complaining about? DS compatibility is damn-near 100%. I personally haven't found a game that didn't work. Real-time saving and cheating works perfectly. There are multiple save slots.

Also keep in mind that (with the exception of the GBA/SNES emulators) all of the emulators and homebrew are created by people OTHER THAN the SC team. In my experience the GBA emu works great while the SNES definitely needs some work. But hopefully you KNEW that before buying it if you do your homework. I sure hope you didn't buy it just to play SNES games...and if you did, that sucks, but try downloading the TG-16 emu and play some *amazing* games from the same era. That emulator is fantastic.

But in the end the card is for DS games and the DSTWO is more than adequate with a plethora of features that other cards don't have.

Long story short - the SC card DOES update the SC DSTWO and they do it PROMPTLY. So where does this lie come from?

As I've said before, if you're main goal is emulation and you want to play on a handheld, BUY A DAMN PSP.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations, you've necroed a thread that was over a year old.

Congratulations, you've offered translation services from one unspecified language to another for some unspecified reason.

21262d1305120416-necro-thread_necro.jpg

Reactions: porkiewpyne

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
I'ts always hard to find a good flashcard...

More to the point, I AM going to buy a DS2 soon and use it for homebrew's (May have to use the Drunken Coders HB Menu loader, EOS homebrew loading is shit) and I think the homebrew counterpart of the system should work close-to as well as the commercial ROMs counterpart of the device (soft-reset, realtime cheating, *DEFINITELY* fixed compatibility issues (same goes for you, NDS-GBA and the NES/SNES emu's (also MAME)), Fixed DLDI driver, etc..) And as for the video and music player... Fix that, too (coming from other peoples opinions, haven't tried it out myself) And any other feature with a shit load of bugs should be fixed, too! I mean, they almost con/troll you with what they are doing to us right now! Most of the time they advertise the DS2 like yeah! It's the best thing but, they seem to ignore that there is a whole lot of bugs and glitches that still need to be ironed out and fixed. I don't care about the little typos (sure we can all get past that!) In a nutshell, the team is advetising what I would call a beta as THE BEST THING EVER! To me, that's just not right. I would consider anything a beta if, well. It's alright but has loads of bugs and glitches that need to be dealt with! Honestly, even my R4 Redant was a better pet to me! (oh wait, my Redant wasn't DSi-Compatibile and, Super Scribblenauts could not run) But yeah! Now you get the point. I'ts like i'm trying to use a car as a clothes-horse with the faulty homebrew stuff of a SuperCard DSTWO!

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTWO is by far the best DS flashcart so I'm not sure what all the complaining is about. It won't be perfect or the price tag will be through the roof. If it were easy to program an SNES emulator fo the DS then it would have been done by now, but obviously it's not because no one has successfully created a fully-playable one.

And to those complaining of a lack of updates? I don't know what world you're living in but the Supercard team is generally the FIRST to respond. If there is a firmware update to the 3DS, the SC team generally has an update the same day or next day. The last several times they were FIRST to address the firmware update issues.

Furthermore, they release patches all the time to increase compatibility with new games like Pokemon White/Black 2 etc. so we don't have to worry about patching games ourselves. We can keep our nice clean ROM sets in order. ;) They also release those updates extremely promptly.

So what are you complaining about? DS compatibility is damn-near 100%. I personally haven't found a game that didn't work. Real-time saving and cheating works perfectly. There are multiple save slots.

Also keep in mind that (with the exception of the GBA/SNES emulators) all of the emulators and homebrew are created by people OTHER THAN the SC team. In my experience the GBA emu works great while the SNES definitely needs some work. But hopefully you KNEW that before buying it if you do your homework. I sure hope you didn't buy it just to play SNES games...and if you did, that sucks, but try downloading the TG-16 emu and play some *amazing* games from the same era. That emulator is fantastic.

But in the end the card is for DS games and the DSTWO is more than adequate with a plethora of features that other cards don't have.

Long story short - the SC card DOES update the SC DSTWO and they do it PROMPTLY. So where does this lie come from?

As I've said before, if you're main goal is emulation and you want to play on a handheld, BUY A DAMN PSP.

Nothing other than compatibility has been updated in ages and while it's really nice and done really quickly the SCDS2 has a lot more potential than what we have right now. The source for the GBA emulator still hasn't been released years later and there's so many potential improvements to be made, the SNES emulator has barely playable amounts of lag which is ridiculous considering how smoothly SnemulDS runs without any extra processing power (granted with much worse compatibility), homebrew reset which has been around since the original $6 R4 still isn't implemented, between 3DS updates sometimes I do wonder if they're still around.

I understand the PSP has more processing power to work with but that's what the SCDS2 was supposed to help with and the PSP's D-Pad is crap compared to the DSi's.

Reactions: codezer0

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree. At least with making the SNES emulator open, we were able to get some forks in to improve compatibility and responsiveness on those. And I also find it annoying how when I use nesDS I pretty much have to reset the 3DS just to go load another app. I also think that for the extra hardware in the DStwo as a card, there really should be more power left in it. It's almost like the supercard team is intentionally keeping the homebrew at year-one development level when we should be at more like year four with really great and killer apps and homebrew out there to make the card really a no-brainer for anyone in the market for one.

There is no reason at all for Turtles in Time on the NDSSFC or any of its forks to run so laggy while SnemulDS actually manages to run it fluidly (even if buggy). If anything, any and every SNES game that didn't require additional chips should be a gimmie on the DStwo-specific emulator, since the similar hardware in a different, dedicated player seems to have no problem with it. And the fact that the forked ones at least make SMRPG somewhat playable is a step in the right direction. But if anything, the DStwo should be able to leverage some more of that power. I get that the current DSi-mode exploits were very hap-hazard, but for the homebrew's sake, why not use it if that's what you have?

Back when I was buying, I seriously had to debate between the iEvo and the DStwo because part of me was hoping that one could employ both methods of gaining additional performance... either with an updated revision of the iEvo that had extra hardware, or a DStwo update that could employ DSi mode performance and resources.

MAME4All on the DStwo - while better than nothing - is hopelessly bad, I'm sorry to say. And there are far too many games missing that should be within the bounds of what the DStwo could do, within reason.

Finally, the NDSGBA app - one of the primary reasons that pushed me to getting the DStwo - has been effectively abandoned. Why not support stuff like the Gameshark/Action Replay/Codebreaker codes at the very least ? I know it's no M3 Perfect on a DS lite or something, but if they'd actually actively worked on it (or made it open source like someone suggested so that it could be worked on by those that want to), then maybe we'd at least be at EZ-IV levels of compatibility, if not close to it.

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing other than compatibility has been updated in ages and while it's really nice and done really quickly the SCDS2 has a lot more potential than what we have right now. The source for the GBA emulator still hasn't been released years later and there's so many potential improvements to be made, the SNES emulator has barely playable amounts of lag which is ridiculous considering how smoothly SnemulDS runs without any extra processing power (granted with much worse compatibility), homebrew reset which has been around since the original $6 R4 still isn't implemented, between 3DS updates sometimes I do wonder if they're still around.

I understand the PSP has more processing power to work with but that's what the SCDS2 was supposed to help with and the PSP's D-Pad is crap compared to the DSi's.

Ummm, I thought that SnemulDS was terrible compared to the DSTWO SNES emulators. I *think* that I even tried it at one point...

What more do you want besides them releasing source code for those emulators? Yeah it would be nice if homebrew/emulators (besides their own) had a reset option but it's not a HUGE deal. And wouldn't they have to edit the sourcecodes of those homebrew? I was under the impression that the HB/emulator needed an option that took you back tot he menu. Are you saying that SCTWO could implement this even without that? I'm not sure because I don't know enough, but on second thought, I guess they probably could just like they do for retail DS games.

At least they have FAST firmware updates to compensate for Nintendo's crappy firmware updates. And they also update retail game compatibility almost immediately.

There isn't a game I've tried yet that didn't work, especially after an update. The last game I played was "Adventure Time: ________________" and it worked fine (except some lag on any screen that had those "gusts of wind." But I heard on another board that this can be fixed by changing it "Clean" before booting. (I haven't tried this yet because I beat it once and don't feel like a second play through, but mainly people have confirmed this works.) Off-topic rambling but that game was fairly overrated. I had a decent time playing through it once but it was WAY too easy, pickups are found WAY too often and most are useless, and if you're anal you'll never be able to 100% it in the sense that your backpack can only hold so much. At the beginning it was mostly filled with food that increases your health, but those quickly got replaced with rarer items that I rarely used because they weren't very helpful AT ALL. And the food isn't so important if you know how to play an easy game without getting hit very often. The only times I used them were during a few boss fights.

And for those who compared it to Zelda II: yes, there were a lot of similarities but on a difficulty scale of 1-10 it was about a 3 while Zelda II was at least a 9, possibly a 10. Damn that game was hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp