when you go full retard on savedatafiler

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hamstermascot, May 4, 2016.

1. Hamstermascot
    OP

Hamstermascot GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    and accidently deleted a save file, instead of backing up. Was in the process of transferring all my savefiles from my 2ds to my New 3ds XL that I got in yesterday... Is there a way to revert it, lol? It's an 80-90 hour pokemon omega ruby file...

GorrillaRIBS likes this.
  2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    nope, sorry :( i seriusly feel sorry for you, i know how much it takes for pokemon

3. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Unless you had it/an older version of it backed up somewhere else then no.

4. Hamstermascot
    OP

Mar 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    Well I might have a backup file somewhere, but that one is definitely before the 8th badge. The feels. Also have to restart on pokemon X now, since my core pokemon were sent to omega ruby, so I could teach them some pokemon moves (pokemon x was at the second town though).

5. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    Out of all the save files you could possibly accidentally delete, you delete the Pokemon one? Dang, you messed up.

6. Hamstermascot
    OP

Mar 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    I blame the button layout on the damn things. I'm too used to using the xbox 360 controller on the PC, so I messed up X and Y all the time. I do still have a save file though, but it's not with my team of competitive pokemon. It's still of when my pokemon were under lvl40 and none of the legendaries...

7. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    On the bright side, at least you didn't hardbrick!

8. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    Really sorry to hear it man. In the future, I'd HIGHLY advice to use JKSM. Not only is it super easy and nice to back up and restore, but it also does it all automatically on the system, so you can have multiple "save slots". Can export your Pokemon save with a custom name, then start a new game, export that, then switch between them etc.

9. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    I'm sorry for you :(
    I can only help you with giving you some pokemon if you want. If you remember your team, you can remake them with pokehax if you want.

10. Hamstermascot
    OP

Mar 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yeah, I'm currently remaking them with Pkhex. Good thing 4 of the pokemon that I used competitively are still on it. Just have to change everything to lvl50 and change some moves.

11. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    That's at least something. You'll be back to where you were in no time!

12. Dennis G

Dennis G GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    man that's rough, i make full sd (so also jksv) + nand backup's once a month or on sys update's, i'd die when if i'd lose my 800+ hour save file on omega ruby, it contains 61 shiny's i've cought o.O + full living dex :P