When using Pokesav, PID doesn't affect stat growth right?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Game_Master001, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Game_Master001
    OP

Newcomer Game_Master001 Member

Netherlands
    PID is only a number that determines if the Pokemon is legit or something like that, right? It doesn't affect stat growth? I've never been wondering this, until now randomly. I then did a Google search, but either all answers are only directed to the legality of a Pokemon, or some answerers say "yes" while some say "no". So, hopefully someone here can give me a definite answer [​IMG]

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No, it doesn't affect stat growth. However, changing a single IV will change the PID. For Generation IV, there are PID generators used to generate legitimate PID values for captured Pokémon; this allows for people to tweak abilities, gender, IV stats, and etc, and then generating a legal PID for whatever values they made. For Generation V, it is best not to change much since the PID generators do not conform to Generation V yet (someone correct me if I am mistaken). It is still safe to mess with things like level, moves, EV stats, nicknames, and etc.

3. Game_Master001
    OP

Newcomer Game_Master001 Member

Netherlands
    Thank you for the fast reply [​IMG] Great to hear I can just generate (as the last step) and further not bother about it, like I always do

I started a new game and then used Pokesav to create a team of 3 starters + Zorua (ASAP, so 3 were created out of nothing, of course paying attention to do everything right). I don't plan on going online anyway, so it doesn't matter to me if they're legal or not (well, I keep them as legal as possible of course, as it's no fun making the game too easy).

4. Bean_BR

Member Bean_BR GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I had no idea what the PID meant, but now i understand what this is for, so i make my pokes the more legit possible [​IMG]
    you need to edit the PID for your poke be "legit"

5. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I think you misinterpreted what I meant by generating a PID. If you just hit the "generate" button, you are going to have an illegal Pokémon, unless it's hatched (this was the case in Generation IV anyway). In Generation IV, the only way to mess with PID-related items was to find a legal PID using the PID/IV generate button and selecting one from the list of legal PID numbers. In Gernation V, this option does not exist and no generated PID will be legal (except maybe hatched Pokémon).

Based on how you described what you're doing, each Pokémon you used Pokesav to make is illegal.