I drink my part.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you do Norrmatt in AKAIO like what do you mainly focus out and you Smith? Do you work together or you work separately like Norrmatt does the Loaders and Smith does the GUI/Other stuff.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normmatt said:
Beige said:
siryu said:
funem said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:
AK Team fixed this days ago but it cant be released because its a very unpolished hack

Where did you get this news from ? Last I heard from the they hadn't found a hack yet that could be applied to their card. and their website hadnt been updated. I read the same post as yours on another website but it turned out to be unfounded.

I know where he get that news.. that news come from akaio forum. posted by normmatt.

But still, there is no official statement from AK them self

But remember, Normatt does have some communication with the team. He's partially responsible for AKAIO.

Partially responsible!?!?! I'm the sole coder atleast so far this year
tongue.gif

I was told by acekard that they already have it fixed but will not release it in its current form unless other flashcart teams do.

ever heard of the phrase "Mexican Standoff" ?

siryu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ccleanerfan said:
siryu said:
funem said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:
AK Team fixed this days ago but it cant be released because its a very unpolished hack

Where did you get this news from ? Last I heard from the they hadn't found a hack yet that could be applied to their card. and their website hadnt been updated. I read the same post as yours on another website but it turned out to be unfounded.

I know where he get that news.. that news come from akaio forum. posted by normmatt.

But still, there is no official statement from AK them self

If you want an official statement, stop asking on the unofficial forums. Simple as that, go whine to AceKard. You want an official statement?

Here

We're working on it and please be patient.

I think they posted that just for you.

Are you idiot or what?? If they reply or give any statement except "working on it" or "please be patient" ofcors I'll not asking here.

I already know that they ARE WORKING ON IT, but please.. another developer already post other statement..

as far as I know, AK haven't give any statement or reply any email or response their customer. (Except Normmatt from AKAIO)

That's why I disappointed with AK, I'm sorry but I'm still disappointed.

and for cccleaner, please just shut up, I don't need your suggest or anything from you coz I don't ask you..

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we need to close this thread as it's pretty pointless to keep theorizing on when something will come out, when very little information is available. Not to mention whining about it here isn't going to make the Acekard team work any faster.

A new thread can be created once an actual firmware release is made available.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have to agree, I dont care how long it takes for them to fix it, but their customer service is shoddy at best. Even the makers of M3 as they have been as bad. It doesent take much to post another message every now and again, its been two weeks, if your TV stopped working you would expect the repair company to let you know how things are going. There is a difference between wanting it fixed and wanting an update. Most of these companies sell their products by word of mouth, you would have thought they would go out of there way for 10min to pen an update on their site, why do we have to rely on news from other sources like from Normmatt to let people know what is going on ?

As I said its been two weeks and 10min every few days wouldnt have killed anybody. Even the R4i team and EZ team managed to update and make a vid, R4i ! go figure.

dragonbladerxx1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
funem said:
I have to agree, I dont care how long it takes for them to fix it, but their customer service is shoddy at best. Even the makers of M3 as they have been as bad. It doesent take much to post another message every now and again, its been two weeks, if your TV stopped working you would expect the repair company to let you know how things are going. There is a difference between wanting it fixed and wanting an update. Most of these companies sell their products by word of mouth, you would have thought they would go out of there way for 10min to pen an update on their site, why do we have to rely on news from other sources like from Normmatt to let people know what is going on ?

As I said its been two weeks and 10min every few days wouldnt have killed anybody. Even the R4i team and EZ team managed to update and make a vid, R4i ! go figure.
you're right!

siryu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
dragonbladerxx1 said:
funem said:

you're right!

see?? Lot of people agree with me..

Waiting for AK response

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally you guys are all just impatient, they have said they are working on it, why do you NEED this constant update on stuff that unless you are a coder and actually know what you are talking about then why do you need them to say "we are working on it," when they are in a business that they are always working on it even when there isnt anything really going on in the scene. Im glad they didnt publish anything saying that they have it working and so on, all that would happen if they did would be people like the ones on here complaining that they havent released it yet and when is it coming. Just wait and give them some breathing room so they can get it done quicker instead of having to deal with annoying people.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nemofunk said:
Personally you guys are all just impatient, they have said they are working on it, why do you NEED this constant update on stuff that unless you are a coder and actually know what you are talking about then why do you need them to say "we are working on it," when they are in a business that they are always working on it even when there isnt anything really going on in the scene. Im glad they didnt publish anything saying that they have it working and so on, all that would happen if they did would be people like the ones on here complaining that they havent released it yet and when is it coming. Just wait and give them some breathing room so they can get it done quicker instead of having to deal with annoying people.

I am a coder, for a living. To keep customers it still pays to keep them updated and it costs nothing. Its not being impatient its being realistic. Its already been stated they have a fix but wont release it until other cart makers do, that in itself is worth an update.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PharaohsVizier said:
While I would love to get updates often about the progress, why should the AceKard team bother, if what normmatt says is true (which it probably is), then they have a working solution that's not perfect.

What does this mean, well it means that they "are working on it". I mean they don't really need to update with the details. If they did come out with an official statement saying, we have an unpolished one, I think that statement would be worse off than they are currently, it's like you have a piece of code that you don't want to spread. Even MORE people will whine like this guy about them not caring if it is imperfect or not, they just want the update, etc.

It'd be nice to see AceKard team provide updates, they have updated us a little, and there is always the language barrier, remember that too.

How about.

Update, we have a working fix now but its not finished to out liking. We are going to work on it some more before we release it...

Which in my mind is better than no update which says to the end user, they haven't got a fix, even though R4i and others do. As for the language barrier... the site is in English and so was the one and only update.... The M3 team sent me an email reply that said more than what was said on their site AND they still haven't updated it on there either. Word of mouth can kill a product and if people are unhappy with a product or service then they wont tell people to buy it and the product will suffer.

There is a big difference between updating with news and releasing code, most people would be happy with an update as to the progress.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody needs to relax. It'll come when it comes and posting to a thread every day isn't going to help things move any more quickly. I'm glad I never bothered with the DSi. GBA loading is much more important to me than a camera.
gba.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
0ld8oy said:
Everybody needs to relax. It'll come when it comes and posting to a thread every day isn't going to help things move any more quickly. I'm glad I never bothered with the DSi. GBA loading is much more important to me than a camera.
gba.gif

I am relaxed, this is a forum and this is a discussion thread, and I am having a discussion. If don't don't have a DSi then you cant appreciate the frustration in knowing there is a fix but it will not be released unless other flash cart companies release theirs. I suspect they wont release it because it doesn't have a flash cart icon but one from a valid game and they are getting cold feet releasing it. This would tie up with the video's from other flash cart makers which have a valid game icon in them.

As I said this is a discussion, no-one is expecting this thread to make any changes to the release of the flash cart update.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i hope that the ak team really do it. Because i'm still unsure if they have fix this problem or not.
QUOTE said:
gba.gif
and if you're not interested in dsi why are you reading this topic?

muncle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't read the whole thread, but I did read the part about Acekard supposedly having a fix, but wanting to wait to release it until other teams do.

Could it just be me, or could they be in fact waiting for another team to release a fix, because they do not? As in, they don't have a fix, and are waiting to see what they can do to patch the 2i.

Oh well, just saying! Anyways, I'll be updating today since I still have my DS lite and Moving Memo or whatever it's called in the US was released today in the DSi Shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: