Not open for further replies.

Menaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a PSP-2001, and I have POPS installed along with CFW 6.20 PRO-C. I made my Eboot using PSX2PSP v1.4. The eboot was of Final Fantasy VIII. So I put it on my PSP, and now whenever I boot the game it goes to a the settings screen where it gives me the options:

Quit Game
Switch Disks 1 2 3 4
Controller Settings
Memory Card Utility
Other Settings
Software Manual
Reset Game

The D-pad and volume control buttons work, but nothing else does. I cannot do anything except hard reset my PSP. I've only found one other case where this has happened, here:

http://www.theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=24568

And there wasn't any solutions therein.

So I'd really like for someone to help me out on this one, I am going to be really disappointed if I can't play PS1 games on this thing.

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
- First of all update your CFW for 6.60 pro-c2.

I guess with this version you won't need popsloader to play this game, the game works good on my PSP Go CFW 6.60 Pro-C2, with no popsloader.

Try to play downloaded eboots, mostly, these eboots are tested by the creators.

Popsloader is used to fix some psx games that have some bugs when running on PSP.

Anyway here is the Pops Compatibility List:
http://psxeboots.com/pops-compatibility-list

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
- First of all update your CFW for 6.60 pro-c2.
There's no difference at all between 6.20 C2 and 6.60 C2 other than the fact that 6.60 has access to Music Unlimited. Moreover, he should check if his PSP-2000 is cIPL-compatible before upgrading to 6.60 - not all PSP-2000's can boot custom firmware automatically and some people hate Fast Recovery.

As for PS1 game problems, I suggest the following:
  • Make sure that your POPS package is complete, try different POPS versions from said package. Compatibility varies - some versions work better than others depending on the game in questions
  • Make sure that your memory stick is Magic Gate compatible, giving it a good 'ol format fixes issues sometimes too
  • Disable any POPS plugins, perhaps one of them is at fault

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you might want to upload to c2 regardless. the final fantasy games are kinda fickle depending on the firmware. on c3, 8 and 9 dont work at all.
maybe theres some other problem on c1.

other than that, reload the game, maybe from a different source (maybe something went wrong when you converted your games)

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
My PSP's CFW is 6.60 PRO-C2

I believe it's the POPSloader that's where the problem is. Try and see if you can get the latest popsloader (I believe some site provides them and it has a full page of pops when you load it on your PSP). My experience in this thing is..

PSN versions of PS1 games = They usually work with default (no Pops) or 6.60 Popsloader. If they don't work, I manually just try every possible pops to see what will play a certain game properly.
Custom eboots = These usually don't work without pops so you'll have to experiment on your own for this. Most notably though, the Popsloader that usually works with custom eboots are Popsloader 3.72 - 4.01 (like PS1 games we made to become eboot or downloaded custom eboots by others).

So far, these are the only ones I've tried on PS1 Popsloader since I am currently occupied with other games (Type-0 and re-playing God of War games).

Resident Evil 2 (custom eboot) = 3.72
Resident Evil 3 (PSN) = 6.39
Harvest Moon: BTN (custom eboot) = No pops or 3.72
Legend of Legaia = No pops (sometimes I need to switch it to 3.72 or 4.01) and if you have come across the Conkram Past issue, I switch to lower Popsloader like 3.71 or below to bypass the glitch.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna highjack this thread for a bit, am I the only one having problems with PRO-C2 and popsloader? More specifically, it's update 3 from here. Whenever I try to start a game with popsloader activated to load a different pops, I get a "The game could not be started. (80000004)" error. I'm pretty sure I only got this after installing C2 after using C-fix3.

---

Ok, so I just removed C2 and reinstalled C-fix3, and now DW7 starts up just fine. I know C2 has issues with ps1 games from psn, but I've never heard about any problems with popsloader, and it even seems like it works fine for other people in this thread..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, the only PS1 game I currently play on my PSP is Diablo and I haven't experienced any issues with it. Perhaps someone else will be able to contribute more. ;)

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
Gonna highjack this thread for a bit, am I the only one having problems with PRO-C2 and popsloader? More specifically, it's update 3 from here. Whenever I try to start a game with popsloader activated to load a different pops, I get a "The game could not be started. (80000004)" error. I'm pretty sure I only got this after installing C2 after using C-fix3.

---

Ok, so I just removed C2 and reinstalled C-fix3, and now DW7 starts up just fine. I know C2 has issues with ps1 games from psn, but I've never heard about any problems with popsloader, and it even seems like it works fine for other people in this thread..

I'm using 6.60 PRO-C2 cfw and I do get the same error "The game could not be started. (80000004)" message when choosing / selecting a PSX game. That was after I updated to PRO-C2 with my old popsloader still with me. So I figure I should just update and get new popsloader, and what do you know, it worked.

A few have recommended me to install a different firmware if I'm to play PSX games (PSN or custom eboots). They recommend me to install PRO-C Fix 3 or Fix 4. I think it's 6.39 PRO-C Fix-4 to allow the PSX games to be played. I didn't install this because I got PSX games working on PRO-C2

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A few have recommended me to install a different firmware if I'm to play PSX games (PSN or custom eboots). They recommend me to install PRO-C Fix 3 or Fix 4. I think it's 6.39 PRO-C Fix-4 to allow the PSX games to be played. I didn't install this because I got PSX games working on PRO-C2
There's virtually no difference between 6.20, 6.39, 6.60 and anything in-between - the CFW-side of things works exactly the same. Focus on the CFW revision, not the intended firmware.

Willy_Walter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
when I want to start a game psx, I got stuck in the settings menu, only the volume button that can be pressed that others do not, I put on 6.60 firmware pro c,, please help

DanielBrza

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have a PSP-2001, and I have POPS installed along with CFW 6.20 PRO-C. I made my Eboot using PSX2PSP v1.4. The eboot was of Final Fantasy VIII. So I put it on my PSP, and now whenever I boot the game it goes to a the settings screen where it gives me the options:

Quit Game
Switch Disks 1 2 3 4
Controller Settings
Memory Card Utility
Other Settings
Software Manual
Reset Game

The D-pad and volume control buttons work, but nothing else does. I cannot do anything except hard reset my PSP. I've only found one other case where this has happened, here:

http://www.theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=24568

And there wasn't any solutions therein.

So I'd really like for someone to help me out on this one, I am going to be really disappointed if I can't play PS1 games on this thing.
Is your "home" button working? If not at all, that is the problem. Then, its not quite a true its not working. Instead, lets say its working permanently. PSP "thinks" that the button is pushed down non-stop. I suggest to clean the contacts of the button from inside. It worked for me.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is your "home" button working? If not at all, that is the problem. Then, its not quite a true its not working. Instead, lets say its working permanently. PSP "thinks" that the button is pushed down non-stop. I suggest to clean the contacts of the button from inside. It worked for me.
It's been two years since the last reply, it's safe to assume the issue was either resolved or is no longer pressing. Either way the thread is quite evidently out of date, so I'll lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2