Hardware When R or Start is pressed, both are activated.

Hipeopeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hipeopeo.tk
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, my friend has a hardware issue with his - ̗̀New ̖́- 3DS XL that makes it so when you press R, or Start, both of them get pressed. This started happening after he spilled broth on it, and he sent it in for repairs. I think it's a hardware issue, but it does have B9S w/ Luma3DS.

Thank you!

(I will get a video soon.)

Reactions: NoNAND
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take apart the 3DS and clean off the broth with soft bristle toothbrush and 91% rubbing alcohol. If possible, avoid wetting the LCD screens and panels as liquid can get trapped in between. Rinse with said alcohol and use blow dryer on low heat setting to quicken the drying process. Wrap everything in paper towel and stick it in a container of dry uncooked rice for a day.

Hipeopeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hipeopeo.tk
XP
Country
United States
aCIwrhU.jpg

This look right?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This look right?

I see a residue streak along the SD slot and XYBA daughterboard ribbon area. He'll need to be more thorough.

Your buddy should be removing the components out of the shell and individually cleaning them. Forget to mention, don't use cloth or napkin in wiping because the fabric can snag SMD components. If he needs to spot clean, dabbing motions with fine q-tip. No swiping.

Don't miss the insides of ports and connectors that clamp flex cables, like cleaning the back of your ears or scraping your tongue when brushing your teeth. If a toothbrush is too big to get a good angle, use an artist paint brush with small width bristle.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.