Hacking Discussion when do you think we will find an exploit for patch switch's

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zero significant security issues *that we know of*. Remember how long it took for ntrboot to be discovered on the 3DS. It was so well hidden that nobody even knew it was there, much less knew that it was exploitable.
The secure monitor and kernel factually have no issues, though.
As for the bootrom, it's been publicly dumped for ages and we have the source code (at least some of it, anyway), it's been thoroughly searched.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: ragestaker21

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly OP, I would just buy the chip and pay someone to install it for you. Or just sell your unit and get an unpatched one. If you go to game stop and get a used one just tell them you want a certain serial number. Most employees will do this for you. Otherwise you are going to be waiting a very long time. If you're waiting for another RCM type hack, The chances of that ever happening are slim. Like people have mentioned the best we might get is a software hack That will just end up getting patched the very next update. The only way a software hack will be really reliable is if it comes out after the switch is old and is no longer receiving updates.

Diamedic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will probably never be a soft mod for patched switches. Nobody is going to put the effort into it since there is so many unpatched consoles in the wild. Plus anyone that for some reason is working on it now is going to move onto cracking the next revision thats coming out next year.

battlecatsahead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There will probably never be a soft mod for patched switches. Nobody is going to put the effort into it since there is so many unpatched consoles in the wild. Plus anyone that for some reason is working on it now is going to move onto cracking the next revision thats coming out next year.
people hacked the ique player 15 years after it released

Reactions: Diamedic

Diamedic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people hacked the ique player 15 years after it released

Haha that's true. Technically they cracked it. hacking is a bit different but I get what you mean. But I seriously doubt the interest will still be there in 15 years people cracked the ique because it is uncharted territory and plus its just funny to do. But you never know maybe somebody will see this post and do it just to spite some random dude on the internet who knows but I doubt it,

Reactions: battlecatsahead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY