Hacking When attempting RCM, no power or activity at all

releets

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard that when you correctly ground pin 10 and then use volume up and power, the screen will be black but backlit. Whenever I've attempted this, nothing turns on - not even a backlight - and as soon as I plug into my PC, the Switch boots up like normal. This is a launch day Switch so the serial is definitely not a problem. Any guess as to what's going on?

releets

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not going into rcm
Obviously you're not correctly bridging the pins

Do you even have a jig?
I don't, I have one on order but still trying while I wait on it. Just a bit confused because all the troubleshooting I've seen only mentions the Switch booting up like normal. Nothing about it failing to turn on and still not going into RCM...

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before my jig arrived, I used tinfoil. Folded up the tinfoil in a very tiny rectangle and covered pins 9 & 10 on my right Joycon, and taped it in place with scotch tape. Now connect the joycon to the switch, and hold power On and Volume +, RCM should be activated instantly. Now this is the time to connect it to the PC and use the PC application with Hekate to get things going. You will need to do this until you have a jig + Dongle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-