Wheee!!! My Acekard2 came today.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Nimbus, Jan 20, 2010.

Jan 20, 2010
  1. Nimbus
    OP

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    Ok, so I finally got my Acekard2 today, and just for the heck of it I tried using AKAIO 1.5.1.

Unfortunently and much to my dismay........

Nothing wen't wrong! [​IMG] All of my saves remain intact, nothing freezes at all, everything works perfectly. [​IMG] I've tested it with my own backups of Pokemon Pearl, New Super Mario Bros, and a slew of other games as well, including Spirit Tracks, and nothing has gone wrong.

Btw, the PCB or the area around the contacts is a very dark green color, if that indicates anything.

Other than that it's been less than 2 hours since I unpacked it, and I am just loving this thing like crazy. This thing is... FREAKING AWESOME! [​IMG]

2. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Good to know! [​IMG]

3. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    Glad you got your acekard. Trust me you'll enjoy it very much. If anything goes wrong make sure to inform us [​IMG]

4. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Horray! The Acekard 2 is awesome. I own one!

Sadly, a better flashcart is coming out (Supercard DSTwo or something like that). Nothing is better then my AKAIO. Nothing!

5. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    Well I'm excited for the DS TWO to come out, hopefully I'll get my hands on one early and write a review on it. But yeah the acekard is good, but it just needs work on adding more features like RTS and RTG. (which the acekard team will have to work on, the AKAIO team won't work on it themselves.)

6. Nimbus
    OP

United Kingdom
    So, I guess I can confirm for all of you.

AK2's with a very dark (Almost black) green PCB are a good batch.

If you order any AK2's from Kickgaming, they should be from a good batch.......

Heh....I'll still be ordering from RHS more often though.

By the way....on the aspect of AKAIO I have one thing to say.

Normatt, you rock more *** than any other flashcart dev out there. Keep being ******* awesome!

I am already enjoying the following on my Acekard2.

-Relatively non-existant bootup time (Less than 2 seconds last I timed it)
    -AKAIO!
    -Multitude of skins available (Seriously, M3 Sakura and even Moonshell aint got anything on this bad boy)
    -Wii Connectivity (This was actually a feature that I was naively, unaware of. +9001 to Normatt!)
    -Responsive touchscreen controls (If I had to say it, they seem to be just if not more responsive than M3 Sakura)
    -All the nifty little features, such as (List by internal name/etc, Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete, etc. Seriously, does any other flashcart firmware even consider this!?)
    -AKAIO, again!
    -Ability to use the official loaders (But seriously, why would I ever want to use any of these over AKAIO!?)
    -Compatability of save files from other carts (All of my M3 Saves work just fine on AKAIO, which is great.)
    -No save bug (All of my saves work and do not vanish at any point)
    -Did I say this already....AKAIO!

I have to say, this card may never leave my DS Lite...

Now all I need to find is a Disgaea Prinny skin, and my AK2 will be perfect dood!

7. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Gee, settle down young fella....you nearly 'boned" me of my chair! But seriously, you might implode the way you're going [​IMG]
    BTW, if you're trying to impress Normatt & Smiths, I'm tipping they're not gay...."not that there's anything wrong with that!"

8. Nimbus
    OP

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Are you implying that I am gay!? FYI, I am completely straight!

Does my avatar and personal photo suggest that? Look, Utsuho Reiuji is my favorite character from Touhou, thats the only reason behind it.

Either way, no harm done. I don't hold grudges or anything like that.

I'm just extremely impressed by their unofficial firmware.

It has features that I would never expect to even see considered in a Flashcart firmware by most. That and the fact that they themselves wrote an actual firmware for a flashcart. Not many can lay claim to doing such a thing you know!

9. KevInChester

Member KevInChester GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I actually had the same feelings when I first got my Acekard [​IMG] It was also fantastic having a device where the cheats all functioned properly (as opposed to the R4i I had previously).

10. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Glad you like your Acekard. I use AKAIO too. [​IMG]

11. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I also have an Acekard (2i actually - cos I've got a DSi) & I had in fact gone from a M3i0 BACk to the AK as I believe it better, but being a bit of a rebel I've got:

AKAIO 1.5 with 1.5.1 loader installed, set up to Auto-run Moonshell 2.06 (with nds.akaio.nds 'extlink')

This is so that I have an 'all-in-one' file selector so that I can load/run Commercial ROMS, Homebrew, Gameboy(& Gameboy Color) games via Emulation, read TXT file, view pictures, play movies and music, and finally read 'comics' (something M3i0 Sakura can't compete with)

The only downside is I'd rather Moonshell to be loaded in straight away (i.e be the main OS) instead of loading in AKAIO THEN Moonshell, but unfortunately with the Ak2i you can't just change the name of Moonshell to 'akmenu4.nds' - you end up with 'System Files missing' fault

I just wish someone clever enough could create a special version of 'akmenu4.nds' that'll fools the Ak2i the 'system files' exist & load moonshell in instead

12. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    If you had an R4 before, all other carts are heaven [​IMG]