Not open for further replies.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll work on the lay-out of this post later. I'll add some other stuff later too.

So, I've been wondering what everyone uses to play their games on. From keyboard & mouse set, to the chair, bank, etc. I think that there would be some pretty cool configurations, so I'm looking forward to other users their configurations.

CPU:
HDD/SSD:
RAM:
Video Card:
Screen(s)
Other connections and miscellaneous stuff:

Accessories (mouse, keyboard, headset, etc):
Keyboard:
Mouse:
Controllers:
Headset:

Etc:

I mainly use two PC's. I have more (Another laptop and 2 desktops), but I don't really use them, since they are way too old.
http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/306464/acer-aspire-7750g-52458g50mn/specificaties/

CPU: Intel Core i5-2450m. It has 2,5GHz, with Turbo Boost up to 3,1GHz. I still have to figure out how to use the turbo boost.

HDD/SSD: 2x 1TB (Western Digital). It originally came with a single 500gb HDD, but it has support for two HDD's, so I got two 1TB HDD's. I use one HDD for my Steam games, and the other HDD for all other stuff. I prefer to have large space instead of SSD's, since I always put my PC's in sleep/hibernation mode instead of turning it off.

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (2x 4GB).

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7670m, 2GB VRAM. Main reason I chose for this laptop. This video card can run a lot of stuff I throw at it.

Screen(s): My laptop has a 17,3 screen. It uses a resolution of 1600x900 (16:9), which is fine for me. It also has a HDMI and VGA output.

Other connections and miscellaneous stuff: 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, (which strangely doesn't like my USB 3.0 external HDD), optical drive (CD & DVD reader and writer). 1Gbps ethernet port, B/G/N WiFi, 5-in-1 card reader and the standard headphone inputs.
When I'm at work I use a standard mouse and keyboard set, which have nothing fancy. I use Synergy to use the mouse and keyboard connected to my work PC to control my laptop.

Mouse: At home I use a Razer DeathAdder. I also have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort bluetooth mouse, which is pretty useful when using Windows 8(.1)

Keyboard: The keyboard I use is a Razer Lycosa, and a Razer Nostromo. I also have a Razer Hydra which is a pretty cool 'controller'. I also use a 360 controller with the wireless adapter. When I connect my PC or laptop to my TV, I use a bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

Headset: I use a normal brandless headset with microphone, which isn't state of the art, but it works fine for me.

Etc: My phone is a Note 2 (GT-N7100) and I plan to upgrade to a Note 4 when it comes out. I have a Packard Bell Liberty Tab (Same as the Acer Iconia A500).
My TV is a Philips 32PFL3258H which I absolutely love.
I have two normal office chairs, and otherwise I game in my bed.
I also have two Yamada SR4 'Action Lounges', which have a very good sound, and a large bass.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I did not know that! I did suspect that there might be a specification-only thread, but didn't really search before posting.

Whilst that thread goes about the specs, I posted this thread to see how other people would use their PC's.
Like, do people use a single monitor, two monitors next to each other, use a special chair, keyboard and mouse combination, etc.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Meh, the posts in that thread also include full "battle-station" posts as well, but I guess a separate thread should be fine.

6ZwLfFZ.png

My current gaming rig, originally started out as a budget rig but then evolved into this after some changes in the RAM, GPU and motherboard. The only thing left I need to replace is the CPU, it's still the original one from the budget rig and is a few years old now and is really showing it. Will most likely replace it with an i5-3470, don't plan on overclocking or anything so it should be just fine for the next few years.

"Battle-station" wise I don't have anything fancy at all, I don't see the need for it. Have some random HP keyboard and a random Logitech mouse. Have a Micro ATX black case, no special LEDs or anything and such. Also have a 28" TV for a monitor, some cheap Seiki TV we got for $100 at the time. Works great for what I use it for and what not.

mWKo4H5.png

My current Laptop, got it for my Birthday a bit ago for $350 and it has some pretty nice specs. Not really a fan of APUs, but this one does everything pretty well. The CPU isn't all that great, but the GPU is quite outstanding for what it is. Its normal clock rate is something around 650MHz, but you can overclock it to 1.2GHz and stuff runs quite well then. Was able to play Skyrim with the HD Textures at around 60fps which is all I require for a Laptop that's for work purposes, lol.

EDIT: That said, at some point I would like to build something like this once I get a new place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol