What's wrong with Savemiifrii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kylemuffinz, Jun 28, 2009.

Jun 28, 2009
  1. Kylemuffinz
    OP

Newcomer Kylemuffinz Newbie

United States
    I seem to be doing something wrong..
    Basically I got The Conduit and put it in, and there was an update.
    After that, my wii blacked out and when it's turned back on it doesn't connect and the wiimotes don't sync. The drive works though and responds.
    I've read about this before, and I believe if a low-level brick but I'm unsure if savemiifrii works with something like that.
    Is it a low-level brick, and will savemiifrii work with this? I made a video of what I tried to do, am I doing something wrong?
    What I did was cut off the plastic where the D-Pad is (I don't have a tri-wing) and take the plastic off and now I'm pushing down on the plastic.. I'm probably doing it wrong but I have no idea..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7xSN38PD2A

2. 25164963

Newcomer 25164963 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i don't know if its the same for the offical gc controller but with a 3rd party one you have to completly take the controler apart and use the dpad board to choose all 4 directions as on the actual dpad there is a plastic spike which stops the dpad from pressing all 4 at the same time

3. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Did you put the controller in the 4th slot?

4. supagusti

Member supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    I've heard it works only with original GC contollers. 3rd party won't work.
    Also havn't managed to get it working with my wavebird.

5. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If all the directions are pressed, it works. Doesn't matter if it's 1st or 3rd party. In fact, it works with a GCN DDR pad.

6. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Conduit is a relatively new game, so I'm guessing it has the 4.0 system menu.

If so, in addition to getting savemiifree working (assuming you can), I think you have to wait for the next system menu update to be released and and run a disk that includes it.

I'm not 100% sure though, someone will need to confirm.

7. carbonyle

Member carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    Just checked with wiiscrubber: it's 3.4, MIOSv9 and of course without trucha IOSes [​IMG]

8. rustybanana

Member rustybanana GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom

What is it with people saying "its new it must have 4.0 on it"???? NO GAME CURRENTLY HAS 4.0 AS AN UPDATE! [​IMG]

9. Kylemuffinz
    OP

Newcomer Kylemuffinz Newbie

United States
    Well, I know it has to be in the 4th slot, but do I have to do anything to the controller besides taking off the d-pad plastic thing, because that's all I did.. and then push down the plastic bumps with my hands. When do i start pushing? Before it turns on or during it's turning on or after?
    I've tried them all but nothing's working..

And um.. I thought that I had 3.2u but does the conduit update that bricked me update to 3.4? Like, the system menu or something different. Because I don't have anyway to update higher then that if Savemiifrii works.