Hacking Whats wrong with DVD+R/DL?

ShadowWaker03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.K. I really wanna play brawl again after my disk died like back in august...so yeah The only DL disk I have are 3 DVD+R DL's, and I'm curious to why they won't work

And plus Trilogy, MarioKart, and Brawl arent a bad combo either...

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated
smile.gif

Delkes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in my experience, it has worked before, my wii has no problems playing +R. dual layer and not. but i hear the booktype really does a number on the wii in rapidly decreasing the life of the lens. so it's worked for me, but i know it has a downside.

ShadowWaker03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad about Mario Kart

But I dont know to set the layer break, how do you do that?

And you said that it could rapidly decrease my lens life...Will that only happen when I'm playing a +R disk, or is it like a virus. I only want to play it untill the ISO for TvC comes out

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowWaker03 said:
My bad about Mario Kart

But I dont know to set the layer break, how do you do that?

And you said that it could rapidly decrease my lens life...Will that only happen when I'm playing a +R disk, or is it like a virus. I only want to play it untill the ISO for TvC comes out

1. Just get a DVD5 version of Brawl, all it's missing is the Subspace Emissary cutscenes and the masterpieces. It won't decrease your lens life any more than any other DVD-R backup.
2. Set the layer break in the ImgBurn options. Search for what to set it to.

sonoranreptile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The layer break for the 3 DVD9 (dual layer) games for the Wii are all the same: 2084960. Also, most Wii systems will not read +r media unless the booktype is changed to DVD-ROM.

sonoranreptile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few games that will not play from USB no matter what. So it is always nice to have the option. Especially if you want to play GC games without the $100+ wode chip.....

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sonoranreptile said:
The layer break for the 3 DVD9 (dual layer) games for the Wii are all the same: 2084960. Also, most Wii systems will not read +r media unless the booktype is changed to DVD-ROM.
3 dual layr games? Mario Kart is NOT DL!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowWaker03 said:
O.K. I really wanna play brawl again after my disk died like back in august...so yeah The only DL disk I have are 3 DVD+R DL's, and I'm curious to why they won't work

There should be no issue once you use good quality media and set the booktype. Try using Verbatim media for DL. Brawl refused to work for me on cheaper media.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonoranreptile said:

Umm....Wii will read a DVD+R/DL just fine without chaning the booktype. Not reading +R media and not reading +R/DL are not one in the same.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sonoranreptile said:
There are a few games that will not play from USB no matter what. So it is always nice to have the option.
The games you are talking about all play fine from USB Loader. Perhaps its time to update your loader app...

As for playing GC backups, it seems unlikely you'd be burning them to a DL DVD... Hardly worth it. Just use a standard DVD-R, and still get 3 GC games on a disc.

sonoranreptile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so the general statement that it will not read +r media is wrong. Almost all will not read DVD+r but will read DVD+r DL. I change the booktype on all +r media out of habit, so the statement came from that fact. Amazingly, changing the booktype works fine too......
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-