Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Depravo said:
Shovelware
Shovelware
Overhyped

You can hardly call them shovelware. I agree that they are not classics, but you can expect a 7/10 for the first 2 titles, and maybe an 8/10 for the third title.
So it's not shovelware, not at all.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depravo said:
Shovelware
Shovelware
Overhyped

Lol, are you kidding?

1. First Rock Band game on the DS and also without any additional controllers like the stupid GH DS games.
2. Meh, stupid because of all the needed peripherals
3. Also awesome. Want this the most
smile.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I meant shovelware in that sense that the games will not contain a single drop of originality or innovation. The entire inspiration behind them is "People buy them so let's make more of the same".

And the C.O.P thing? People are expecting nothing less than GTA4 on the DS. It may turn out to be not a bad game but it will fall way short of the ludicrous expectations.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not interested in any of those games... And they shouldn't be worth so much money.

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Depravo said:
I meant shovelware in that sense that the games will not contain a single drop of originality or innovation. The entire inspiration behind them is "People buy them so let's make more of the same".

And the C.O.P thing? People are expecting nothing less than GTA4 on the DS. It may turn out to be not a bad game but it will fall way short of the ludicrous expectations.

It's a friggin music game of a series. WTH do you expect. Besides that, you forgot the quality and usefulness aspect in order to determine if it's shovelware.

If we go around your logic we could name most 80%+ games shovelware

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
C2B said:
Besides that, you forgot the quality and usefulness aspect in order to determine if it's shovelware.
It's all a matter of perspective. Many six year old girls would swear the imagine series is the very acme of high quality. GH/RB is shovelware aimed at a different demographic. A game doesn't cease to be shovelware just because you want to play it.

And take a look back, I didn't say they would be bad games, only that they were shovelware by definition. I'll probably give the Lego one a go myself.

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Depravo said:
C2B said:
Besides that, you forgot the quality and usefulness aspect in order to determine if it's shovelware.
It's all a matter of perspective. Many six year old girls would swear the imagine series is the very acme of high quality. GH/RB is shovelware aimed at a different demographic. A game doesn't cease to be shovelware just because you want to play it.

And take a look back, I didn't say they would be bad games, only that they were shovelware by definition. I'll probably give the Lego one a go myself.

Uhmmm, first you say it's a matter of perspective, then you say somehting doesn't cease to be shoelware though it's liked and then you state they were by definition een though shoelware is defined by lower quality and not necessarly by innovation.

Contradiction!

Objection!!!!!

Present: -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shovelware

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd play all of them. i love rhythm games. and i really want to try out that C.O.P game. i want to see why it's so good.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not as negative as others and think those are 3 great games,I will definitely get COP: The Recruit. Already disappointed you cant kill civilians but what the hell,screw it.
smile.gif

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got tired of the lego games after the first starwars one,I may try cop but thats about it I won't even bother with the 3rd one......

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll play C.O.P...I'm not that interested in the music games. If you want to play music buy an instument, then you can play whatever song you like in whatever style...instead of simply clicking when you're told to.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ca_michelbach said:
I'll play C.O.P...I'm not that interested in the music games. If you want to play music buy an instument, then you can play whatever song you like in whatever style...instead of simply clicking when you're told to.

What's faster? Playing Guitar Hero straight away or learning a guitar for months.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats another list that I think I can look forward to,the 10th. That is if the dates don't change. The only game in there I dont like (But I thought of others) is the Harvest Moon.

gsl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1