what's the best third party joycons?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Stay away from any Hori controllers, they lack even the most basic features like a battery and will cost you almost as much as the original controllers.
I have some Chinese clone of a wireless Switch Pro controller for Smash Bros.
It was about 15$ at the time.
It shows that a decent controller doesn't have to cost much.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hori's Split Pad Pro is considered one of the best, if not the best third party Joy-Con set.

Stay away from any Hori controllers, they lack even the most basic features like a battery and will cost you almost as much as the original controllers.
A battery? You mean an internal battery?

It's better it be batteries than an internal battery so you don't have to physically open the controller just to change that. That's why when DualShock 4 batteries die, its users just end up using it wired to not bother buying another one or changing the battery.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
It depends what you're looking for. If you want 1:1 replicas, there are some on aliexpress that are indistinguishable from the real thing. Search for joycon there and you will find many option, they're priced around $35 for the pair.

If you want something different, with good ergonomics and features, I like the mobapads.
Post automatically merged:

Hori's Split Pad Pro is considered one of the best, if not the best third party Joy-Con set.

A battery? You mean an internal battery?

It's better it be batteries than an internal battery so you don't have to physically open the controller just to change that. That's why when DualShock 4 batteries die, its users just end up using it wired to not bother buying another one or changing the battery.

You get two opinions here. Mine is to run away from the hori pads, they lack features, cost a lot and have any degree of quality above the Chinese ones, it's quite the opposite.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that the hori pads can't be used on docked and tabletop modes, while all other options on earth can

Last edited by Deleted member 194275,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

tri-light

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It depends what you're looking for. If you want 1:1 replicas, there are some on aliexpress that are indistinguishable from the real thing. Search for joycon there and you will find many option, they're priced around $35 for the pair.

If you want something different, with good ergonomics and features, I like the mobapads.
Post automatically merged:

You get two opinions here. Mine is to run away from the hori pads, they lack features, cost a lot and have any degree of quality above the Chinese ones, it's quite the opposite.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that the hori pads can't be used on docked and tabletop modes, while all other options on earth can
Personally idc about tabletop mode. i already have an extra hori controller for docked mode, and i feel using the joycons when theyre not on the switch feels clunky. Even if so ill check out the Mobapads.

Edit: holy shit, idk if this is just regional but i saw them going for 70-170(!!!) Euros, i think ill just get the hori ones.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Personally idc about tabletop mode. i already have an extra hori controller for docked mode, and i feel using the joycons when theyre not on the switch feels clunky. Even if so ill check out the Mobapads.

Edit: holy shit, idk if this is just regional but i saw them going for 70-170(!!!) Euros, i think ill just get the hori ones.
About the price, try other stores, because for me on aliexpress it's equivalent of 45 and free shipping.

Still about the hori pads: it do not have anything besides the buttons and sticks, this affects even the handheld play. You can't aim with gyro on zelda for example, it do not shake when you are above a hidden power moon on Mario Odyssey as another example. So if the mobapads are out of reach, still go with joycon clones that are fully featured, or even consider an used beated up joycon, as replacement shells and sticks are very cheap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?