Whats on my WII?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by steakk, Nov 27, 2010.

Nov 27, 2010

Whats on my WII? by steakk at 10:05 PM (1,397 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. steakk
    OP

Newcomer steakk Newbie

United States
    A while back I bought a second-hand WII that was still a virgin. I immediately looked up instructions on how to soft-mod it. This caused me to run to Gamestop and buy Lego Indiana Jones, as well as a GC Controller.

I went through the steps one at a time and successfully soft-modded my WII. I have been playing backup games via USB and backup discs just fine. Everything seems to work as expected.

But, for the life of me I have no idea what it was that I installed. Basically, I have no idea what cIOS is installed (if any), what patched IOS's are installed, etc.

Is there a way for me to go through my WII, see what I have on it, and what (if anything) needs to be updated?

The only thing I can tell you about the WII is that it is currently on System Menu 4.1U, and it is a NTSC console. OH, and my serial starts with LU30. (I Have the rest of the serial, but I am just indicating it is not a LU64+ or whatever)

Any thoughts/ideas?

EDIT:

Initially I was thinking of just virginizing the WII and starting from scratch, this time keeping a spreadsheet of what I install, what IOS I use as a base for cIOS or whatever, etc, etc. But, my reading tells me that virginizing a WII is not a good idea.

2. RE4zombie

Member RE4zombie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Use Syscheck or Syscheck GX to find out what IOS versions are installed in each of the slots. It also says if they're patched or have the Trucha Bug, etc.

3. ollepoll

Member ollepoll GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    run syscheck and post the results here, we will be able to tell you what you have.

syscheck is downloadable here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SysCheck

if you want to remod it to be sure just use modmii

4. steakk
    OP

Newcomer steakk Newbie

United States
    I ran the SysCheck application (v1.6.2 downloaded from WiiBrew), and it locked up at the point where it says:

"Testing IOS Vulnerabilities ... Please Wait ..."

The green bar on the bottom is about 3/4 of the way across the screen, and there has been no activity on it for a few minutes. Wiimote wont connect either.

The csv file left on the SD card shows nothing but this:

I am re-running it now, and it seems to have 'froze' at the same point again. I will let it sit this way for a while to see if it finishes doing anything, but it does not seem to be doin anything that I can tell.

5. egurgle

Member egurgle GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Like ppl said before,,, use Syscheck 2.01 or SyscheckGX! dont try older versions,,,

6. steakk
    OP

Newcomer steakk Newbie

United States
    I compiled SyscheckGX, and it locks up as well, but at least this one tells me what IOS it is reading when it locks up. When it is checking IOS253 it stays there forever. I am thinking that perhaps the IOS253 I have is bad/corrupt?

EDIT:

I Uninstalled IOS253 using AnyTitleDeleter and SyscheckGX finally decided to go all the way through. Here are the results:

And to restate my original question:

Is what I have enough? Do I have things that are outdated and need to be updated? Do I have things that are no longer needed and can be removed? Basically, its housecleaning time but I am not sure what is what.

7. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Everything looks fine to me. It sounds like you want to delete stuff to save space. Deleting IOSes doesn't free space. Every IOS installed has (or had) a purpose. Best advice here: NEVER delete any IOS.

Deleting IOSes below 200 can break various programs or brick your wii. Everything above 200 is used by homebrew.

For updates, everything is current except cIOS223. You probably have v4 for certain games though, so I'd leave it alone.

8. steakk
    OP

Newcomer steakk Newbie

United States
    Space wasn't any reason as to why I was looking to delete anything. I only was asking for the reasons of being up to date with what was needed and not-needed. But, if you say its all good, then its all good [​IMG]

9. egurgle

Member egurgle GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    its fine,, u got a mixed from ModMii and Mauifrog [​IMG]