Gaming What's Mario saying at the end of each stage ?

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Maybe it's because he's Italian...
Well, coz he's Italian plumber born in Japan.
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
Maybe it's because he's Italian...
Well, coz he's Italian plumber born in Japan.
smile.gif

An Italian carpenter, who became a plumber, born in Japan. No wonder noone can understand him.

What would Engrish with an Italian accent be called? Ingréze?
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(seja_8 @ Sep 3 2006, 04:38 PM)
What always pissed me off was when he got a mushroom and said "Ahh, just what I neeeeeded!"
doesn't he only say that in Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2 ?

Also in that game, whenever he picks up some other item (can't remember which), he shouts "Gotcha", but in a way that sounds like "pants" in Croatian. That one always makes me giggle.
happy.gif

Pants!!!!

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Also in that game, whenever he picks up some other item (can't remember which), he shouts "Gotcha", but in a way that sounds like "pants" in Croatian. That one always makes me giggle.Â
happy.gif
Â

Pants!!!!
LOL! Pants!
rofl2.gif

I've always wished there was a way to get into & change the samples on a rom. Swap in some Samual L. Jackson quotes or something...
Maybe some inventive homebrewer will one day make my wish come true!

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if that was possible, I'd totally make a hack of Super Mario Advance 4 where Mario is replaced with Mr T and every time you get a mushroom he says "I pity the foo'!"

Luigi could be something weak, like Ned Flanders or something.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever he beats a castle "Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

I really would love to hack sound effects like that into games but unfortunately it is HARD as hell to do so. The sound is stored in .sdats. .sdats are basically a database files that contains a header with the addresses the sound streams are at and how long they run for and then the sound streams one after the other until the end of the file. I had a little success with TH but that was just swapping one song into the place of another and it locked up after the song was over. To do the same with an .sdat full of sound effects would be hellacious because of all the pointers you would have to change.
wtf.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever he beats a castle "Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

I really would love to hack sound effects like that into games but unfortunately it is HARD as hell to do so. The sound is stored in .sdats. .sdats are basically a database files that contains a header with the addresses the sound streams are at and how long they run for and then the sound streams one after the other until the end of the file. I had a little success with TH but that was just swapping one song into the place of another and it locked up after the song was over. To do the same with an .sdat full of sound effects would be hellacious because of all the pointers you would have to change.Â
wtf.gif
So then, instead of trying to hack something in the middle, and change the pointers to everything that goes after that, wouldn't it be easier to either use a clip of the same length or to tack the sound on at the end and only change the pointers of the things that access that specific sound?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it would be easier to do it that way but, unfortunately, most sound effects wouldn't fit in the same amount of space so you would end up cutting it short. Another problem is the table is very cryptic... The header isn't easy to follow at all (esp in a game that uses so many sounds like NSMB). You have the table of offsets + run lengths (byteswapped -- making it even harder) and then comes the names of the streams. I'm not sure how to get to the offset of the first table entry or else I could make a tool to at least aid in dissecting/injecting things from/into an .sdat.

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slightly disturbing, I thought he was saying "Wait til tonight!" and sometimes it sounded like "Vegas tonight!". Even knowing that what he is supposed to say, it doens't sound like it.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey in other games does mario always say mexico?

He says "Lets-a go", not "Mexico."

He says Mexico! here' in The Sierra Madre in Oaxaca he found the sacred mushrooms which he likes so such.. I Think Super Mario Bros. 2 was based on one time time he was getting high with Luigi. He's got the medical prescription for them so don't worry! He came during the 70's right before the The Beatles made them popular in Europe, so he took them to Italy before they were considered lethal drugs

http://lsb380.plbio.lsu.edu/Highway%20mark...agic%20mushroom

werwe

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone remember that line he said in Mario vs. DK? Something repugnant like "Oh yeah, it's all you baby!"

Personally, I liked Mario's voice from the cartoons. Getting rid of the dude(?) who does his voice now would go a long way toward resolving Mario's kiddy image.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they'd do that. Charles Martinet was doing the voice of Mario for press events even before Mario 64. Although, it does strike me as odd that of all the voices he does, Mario is the only one that has a childish feel (most of the time). Luigi and Wario both sound perfectly fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again