Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To use ps2 with hdd as elf on memory card?
hdd loader looks old and almost no graphics
frown.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What the fuck am I reading.....

Anyway... HDloader 8c is the best. It actually in terms of loading times and all surpasses playing from original DVD even.

As for menus? Yeah, it is basic menu, works, and does the job? The menu graphic makes it hardly any better.

There is openPS2loader but the performance is pretty much same, and you cannot install games from original DVD's

To still answer the question: Nothing is better than HDloader and IDE HDD in network adapter, onl worse.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Gagarin said:
Ok. I thought that after two years hdl was replaced by something. Thanx.

Well, only on USB front, the "OpenPS2Loader" is out there. It does not do much as for internal hard drive the compatibility is same, It does not work if you have modchip, and as I said, you cannot install games. There is no reason to get HDloader replaced, aside problem of not installing dual layer games in app (that you can do from PC though and be fine) there is practically no problems with anything. Every game that does have a problem with HDloader has been patched anyway.

I dunno though, if Open PS2 loader runs stuff in some different way... But I doubt it. Their project is oriented more towards USB...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Open PS2 Loader is actively developed and as i heard it plays some games now that HD Loader did not*. It can't install games itself yet, you have to use HD Loader or a PC for that, but you don't need to patch any games. Open PS2 Loader contains some patches for some games already and there are more compatiblity modes to get them to work than in HD Loader if a game won't work. It also allows you to surpass online game protection, if you read the corret game id with your retail disc. Oh and it's compatible with most modchips now, but i don't see the point in a modchip when having a network adapter.

*I can't tell you which ones in specific, as all my games either work in both, or they don't work in both

PS: To me it looks like Open PS2 Loader development concentrates on HDD and network loading, USB loading just benefits from general improvements

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hd loader updates have the same patches / bypases
the original used to have only 3, but a mod like HDL v0.8c contains about 7 or so modes for every game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?