What's better about AKAIO?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Purplewrath, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Purplewrath
    OP

Purplewrath GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2009
    United Kingdom
    (removed)

2. aphirst

aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Oct 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Augsburg
    Every time this thread is posted, Chuck Norris crushes a kitten between his toes.

3. Sephi

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    AKAIO is managed by two dudes, and they alone do more than acekard team does for fixes and features and whatnot. the firmware all works fine pretty much, and wifi was recently improved thanks to Smiths. with AKAIO you can update your cheats and loaders via wifi. the firmware is overall better so you should use it, it's what makes the AK2/i worth buying

4. Agent007

Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2008
    Canada
    Ontario
    In other words Sephi is saying ... AKAIO supports more games like the 1mb saves like GTACW ...And just so you know.... Akaio was bought the other day and now ONLY Normatt can fiddle around with the firmware, smiths has been asked to not touch the firmware by some dude iunno...

5. Sephi

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    that was just april's fools

6. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    Wow. So just two guys made a firmware better than the Acekard 'team'? [​IMG]

7. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    Yea. Cause they work harder and are actually trying to help. I appreciate it a lot, and I also like AKAIO more since it has better compatibility with other games.

8. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    gta: cw makes an 8kb save. i recall being told that when norm was debugging and working on the industry first patch for the game. yes, that was an april fool's joke, i should know i'm the one that made it up =P

-another world