Whats an SD Dump?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CJay, Jan 23, 2008.

Jan 23, 2008

Whats an SD Dump? by CJay at 7:54 PM (1,411 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. CJay
    OP

Newcomer CJay Member

United States
  2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I'm not sure, but I think it means a program that has been dumped to an SD (Secure Digital) card.

As for how to do that.......likely it's just plugging in the SD card to the machine doing the disk copying and pointing to the SD card as the receiver of the dumped file.

But I'm just guessing. I could be way off.

3. RBix

Newcomer RBix Newbie

United States
    I'm pretty sure that if you're doing a SD dump from your wii, you need an adapter that fits into the GC memory card slot. It's a way to get an ISO of the game without ripping it on the computer. If you ask me, it's probablly safer to rip it to your computer first, you don't know what kind of update it has that may brick the wii [never ripped via SD, so I'm not sure if that's an issue]

4. CJay
    OP

Newcomer CJay Member

United States
    so there is no way to brickblock an original without an LG drive oder a peripheral?

5. RBix

Newcomer RBix Newbie

United States
    You cannot apply wii brick blocker on to an original disc. Wii brick blocker changes the ISO file you burn. In order to apply the brick blocker, you'd have to have the ISO on your computer.

6. CJay
    OP

Newcomer CJay Member

United States
    so im fuckd
    dang

7. BigX

Member BigX GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    well, if you have the original disc from the begin, Why would you want to brickblock it? either it runs on your Wii or not...

8. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    start SDload (or whatever dol loading method you want to use) then start an SD dumper program. It will ask you to insert a disc you want to dump and then the SD card you want to dump it to (the SD card needs to be inserted in an SDgecko; http://ngc.scorpei.com/GUIDE-SD_adapter.html). --> No update done because the disc is never in your Wii while the wii is in Wii mode.